0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rahul Gandhi

What is the real name of Rahul Gandhi? How many passport he is holding?

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Rahul Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by kkbhatt View Post
    What is the real name of Rahul Gandhi? How many passport he is holding?
    Sir
    You have posed a very relevant question in LARGER PUBLIC INTEREST about a Member of Parliament who receives public money in addition to a prime bungalow at highly subsidised rent in a posh area of Delhi. He is not, however, a public servant, so the question cannot be posed directly to him but has to be asked from the CPIO of Lok Sabha or the Election Commission of India using RTI Act. A strong case could be made out for seeking the information u/s 4 of the RTI Act also. It is very much within the knowledge of the Union of India that said person has used the name "Raul Vinci" in the past and apparently possesses a passport in that name (may be of some other country).

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarbajit View Post
    Sir
    You have posed a very relevant question in LARGER PUBLIC INTEREST about a Member of Parliament who receives public money in addition to a prime bungalow at highly subsidised rent in a posh area of Delhi. He is not, however, a public servant, so the question cannot be posed directly to him but has to be asked from the CPIO of Lok Sabha or the Election Commission of India using RTI Act. A strong case could be made out for seeking the information u/s 4 of the RTI Act also. It is very much within the knowledge of the Union of India that said person has used the name "Raul Vinci" in the past and apparently possesses a passport in that name (may be of some other country).
    Further to my previous post.

You have raised the question of "how many passports does Mr. Rahul Gandhi have".

You may file an RTI to the CPIO Ministry of External Affairs asking if either the Ministry or any of its wings or divisions has issued Indian passport(s) in some other name(s) to Mr. Rahul Gandhi for security / threat perception reasons. The specific provision(s) in law which permits the issuing of passports in aliases may be provided to you. It may be recalled that Mr. Rahul Gandhi's bio-data on Lok Sabha website mentions he has M.Phil from Trinity College UK - (which leading newspapers such as DNA and Outlook have published was actually given to one Raul Vinci who thereafter pursued further higher studies in Florida USA)

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may file an RTI to the CPIO Ministry of External Affairs asking if either the Ministry or any of its wings or divisions has issued Indian passport(s) in some other name(s) to Mr. Rahul Gandhi for security / threat perception reasons.
    You are yourself providing a reason to deny the Information .

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.s.malhotra View Post
    You are yourself providing a reason to deny the Information .
    The denial will be the confirmation.
    And I have laid the trap in my 2nd query
    "The specific provision(s) in law which permits the issuing of passports in aliases may be provided to you."

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not agree on the kind of special provision to provide the passport by aliases name. There are >500 people sitting in parliament and everybody is specific from the government point of view. Why only Mr. Gandhi is specific to get alias name passport? Is the reason because of Indian congress can not alive without the Gandhi name? This family is making fool to Indians by providing wrong information to public. I am just curious to know the fact only. We left the king rules after 1947, but it seems its continue with this family in India. I read lots of information about the scams/involvement/personal expenses of this family made by Indian government only.

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kkbhatt View Post
    I do not agree on the kind of special provision to provide the passport by aliases name. There are >500 people sitting in parliament and everybody is specific from the government point of view. Why only Mr. Gandhi is specific to get alias name passport? Is the reason because of Indian congress can not alive without the Gandhi name? This family is making fool to Indians by providing wrong information to public. I am just curious to know the fact only. We left the king rules after 1947, but it seems its continue with this family in India. I read lots of information about the scams/involvement/personal expenses of this family made by Indian government only.
    Sir
    This is an forum for Right to Information, and is not for random comments unconnected with RTI.

Under RTI Act every citizen would be eligible to apply for and be provided following information

A) If any sitting Member of Parliament has ever held Indian passport in any name other than the name declared in his "election certificate".

B) If there is any provision of law to issue passports in name of an "alias".

C) If a person claims to be son of Mr. X who is married to a Foreigner, then certified copy of extract from the Marriage Register maintained under Foreigners Marriage Act or Special Marriages Act as the case may be under the prescribed Rules to prove that he is the legitimate son.

NB: If you are interested in knowing only Mr. Rahul Gandhi's actual name (which derives from his parentage) you may submit copies of news reports containing statement that claims to be a Brahmin. As an expert on Hindu Religious law and caste issues, I dont see how this can be possible considering that his father Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was born to a Parsi father - Zorastrianism only recognises as Parsis legitimate children born to parents both of whom are Parsis, and that Hindu caste does not devolve through the matrilineal line and there is no way that Mr Feroze Gandhi or Rajiv Gandhi or Mr. Rahul Gandhi can be a HINDU Brahmin (or in fact have ANY caste whatsoever) - which in turn may imply that Mr.Rahuil Gandhi has wrongly declared the name of his father to the Lok Sabha for which somebody may file an RTI.

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Monthly Activity
    1.7%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The denial will be the confirmation.
    And I have laid the trap in my 2nd query
    "The specific provision(s) in law which permits the issuing of passports in aliases may be provided to you."
    I as PIO provide you the specific provision if any .
    On the issue of Passport under alias - I reply , the query can not be answered due to Security clause of RTI Act .

How can you logically infer that more pass-ports have been issued under alias - can you safely and usefully interpret silence on the issue ?

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription