Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default House Tax now assessed without paying bribe - after RTI

Hi,
    I have built a new house(in Coimbatore,Tamilnadu) and now I need to assess for House Tax,get Water connection,Gas connection,Ration card.As a first step I submitted the required documents in corporation office for new assessment of House Tax,I got back the acknowledgement as well.They have to reply within 30 days (i.e before 22nd Oct 2012).
    But I hear different incidents that they might over assess my tax and also put huge amount as Vacant Land Tax as I am not ready to pay the Bribe.
    To avoid such harassment I thought of being prepared myself with all the relevant data,which I wanted to obtain through RTI.
    How can I frame the questions in such a way that I am fully aware that the assessment done is Genuine and does not have high values.

I thought of some questions below:
    1.How is the Vacant Land Tax(VLT) calculated,Please specify the exact mathematical calculation behind calculating the Vacant Land tax as on 30th Sep 2012.?
    2.What is the period for which VLT is calculated for eg. If land was bought in Sep 2009,and House construction started in Dec 2010 and occupied in Nov 2011,from which month/year till which month/year should I pay the VLT?
    3.What was the last rate at which VLT was calculated in Revenue Nagar Phase 2,Vilankurichi as on 30th Sep 2012 and has the calculation rate changed after that?
    4.How much VLT should I pay if land was bought in Sep 2009,and House construction started in Dec 2010 and occupied in Nov 2011 in Revenue Nagar Phase 2,Vilankurichi?
    5.How is the House Tax calculated,Please specify the exact mathematical calculation behind calculating the House Tax as on 30th Sep 2012.?
    6.What was the last rate at which House Tax was calculated in Revenue Nagar Phase 2,Vilankurichi as on 30th Sep 2012 and has the calculation rate changed after that?

Name:
    Ganapathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default re: House Tax now assessed without paying bribe - after RTI

Strange that no one replied to it...I always believed in this site ...Have I posted it in the wrong place?

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.2%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

a. Please provide me with the certified copies of rules (currently applicable) which is used for calculation for VLT.

b. If the above rule was modified/amended in last five years, please supply me with the certified copies of notification/official document, by which it was pronounced.

c. If the rule (as in point no. 1) is not applicable for Revenue Nagar Phase 2,Vilankurichi, please supply me with the copy of rule which is applicable for this area.

Please modify the same for HT also as per requirement.

regards
    Likes RGANU liked this post

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%
    Monthly Activity
    11.99%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may seek certified copy of updated rules for House Tax etc by referring:

TN
    TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - Guide

Make effective:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

Do not make request in question form lest PIO will have reason to deny information as being no information under section 2f.

You may word like " Please provide me certified copy of updated rules relating to................" or "Please inform me amount of VLT if I purchased land ..........."
    Likes RGANU liked this post

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Ganapathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After 10 days of the application , now they have removed the public tap which is the only source of water if you have not got the water connection....How can I approach this situation. Should I go for one more application asking for the reasons for removing the public tap?....Is there any other solution?

Name:
    Ganapathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Everyone,
    I applied for the House tax assessment last month and they said the expected order date is 22nd October which was yesterday.Now I planned to ask for the status of the application through RTI.

I planned to frame the questions as below.Let me know if I have to change something.

From,

To,

Sub: Seeking information through RTI Act 2005.
    Enclosures:
    1.Court fee stamp for Rs 10/-
    2.Copy of Acknowledgement for receipt of my application for assessing House tax.

Respected Sir/Madam,
    I request for the below information through RTI Act 2005 as a citizen of India.

1.What is the status of my Application filed on 21st September for the assessment of house tax?
    2.Please provide me the name,designation,address,phone number of the concerned officer with whom the application is pending for further processing and for how many days it is pending with this officer.
    3.Please provide me the reaon why it is pending with the concerned officer and for how many days it is lying for approval with him?
    Hereby I confirm to pay the required fees to provide the required information as mentioned in RTI Act.

Let me know if I have the reframe the questions in such a way that they respond with action..

Total Downloaded
    1.52 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.46%
    Monthly Activity
    49.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please reconstruct application without question tag. Few suggestions are given.
    Information Solicited:
    a.Please furnish status of action taken on my application filed on 21=9-12
    The other points are proper.
    For removing Public Tap you can approach Consumer Forum as they are not empowered to cut drinking water without serving notices and when an application for assessment is pending and without rejecting/taking action on your assessment.

Name:
    Ganapathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Date of RTI application received by the SPIO : 1st Oct 2012 (but the inspection date by SPIO mentioned in the response is 4th Oct 12)
    Date on which FAA receives the First Appeal: 6th Nov 2012
    Date of response from the SPIO : 19th Nov (but the date in the response letter says the reply is given on 5th Nov)

Now I am in a state where I sent the First appeal ,after which I got the response from the PIO but the information given is wrong.What shall I do now?.