0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question My Ration Card

I have got my name in the ration card registerd in Kolhapur. I have got the zerox copy of the ration card where my name is mentioned. I want to get a new ration card in Gujarat. Here the officials are asking to cut the name and bring the from in Gujarat.

I enquired the same with the officials in kolhapur and they asked me to produre the card in original with teh cancellation request form my father.

I have done love marriage and father is against it. I asked my father about it and he is not ready to give me my card and the application.

kindly help in getting me the card. How can i get new ration card as i have to register my wife's name on the card.

Name:
    wehelpngo
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: My Ration Card

Dear Rajesh This site is purely for RTI issues for non-RTI issues please visit our sister web site www.bighelpers.org
    IF THERE IS NO HOPE WE WILL INVENT IT

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: My Ration Card

Rajesh,

Your predicament is understandable. But you have to be patient. Initially you will have to make application for removal of your name from ration card at Kolhapur. If you are above 18 years, you have the right to do so. In fact, if you are not staying with your father, it is his duty to remove your name, and not claim the 'subsidized grains' in your name. If the office is not accepting the application (without your father's signature), please send it by registeres post.

If after say one month you do not get any reply, use the RTI. Apply under the Right to Information, asking for daily progress report on your application, and the reason for lack of action. Also ask if any ration was issued on your fathers card gainst your name. Ask for copy of record showing grain issued to you. this should do the trick, even if your father does not actually draw any food from ration shop.

Please go through this site for learning how to draft a RTI Application. A poorly drafted application will only waste your time and money, and increase your frustration. Also, visit our sister site, www.bighelpers.org. The experts their will guide you about any other avenues (Except RTI) available to you.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription