Lv. Percent
    28.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Need Clarification Regarding Postal Charges to get Documents from Police Department Under RTI

Sir,
    My name is Mahaboob Basha. I am from Andhra Pradesh State. I don't have much knowledge about RTI Act. I have applied for few documents under RTI Act to the Public Information Officer, O/o. Director General Of Police, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh on 01.09.2012.
    I have received a letter from the PIO, Dt.28.09.2012 stating that "You are requested to send fee for priced material Rs.70/- for 35 pages and postal charges Rs.50/- total amount Rs.120/- in favour of Accounts Officer, O/o. DGP, A.P., Hyderabad as per G.O. Ms.No.454 Genl. Admn. (I & PR-II), Dt.13.10.2005. Soon after receipt of the same, the information will be sent to you."
    I have send the DD for Rs.120/- and got the documents. But the PIO has attested in a single document, execpt the covering letter. I have counted the total pages, the pages are 34 only, the covering letter is in 2 pages. The Officils of Police Department is wantedly trying to troble me. They supplied insufficient information. I have asked the information in 5 points. Except 1st and 2nd point they need not to supply documents to me. For 3 to 5 points, the answer can give in single sentence. But that information also send to me after they payment of the document price only. They expected that i will not pay the amount.
    I requested to supply the information in Telugu Language, but they supplied it in English after receipt of the postal charges.
    Now, I came to know that no additional charges are required to get the documents under RTI.
    Now, I want to log a complaint against the PIO of DGP Office. If anyone has the complete information about this, Please guide me......

Total Downloaded
    178.8 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.08%
    Monthly Activity
    30.24%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Need Clarification Regarding Postal Charges to get Documents from Police Department Under RTI

Please file First Appeal for furnishing incomplete information. If the information is furnished after mandated period of 30 days you need not pay any charges for documents. However if the documents are in English, you can not ask them to get the same translated for you. But you can insist for furnishing information in Telugu only.
    please follow the format and file appeal in brief.

FIRST APPEAL UNDER RTI ACT.
    a. Name of PIO
    b. RTI Fee/Copying fee paid:
    c.Name of Appellant.
    d.Grounds for First appeal: In sufficient, incomplete information furnished in English language against request for information for providing information in Telugu.

Information Solicited on........ PIO provided on. through letter No..... Grounds for appeal
    (1) (2) (3)

there on

Prayer: Please direct PIO to furnish information in Telugu and for certifying all documents provided me at the earliest.

Hyderbad
    22nd Oct, 12

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    185.2 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.09%
    Monthly Activity
    15.82%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Need Clarification Regarding Postal Charges to get Documents from Police Department Under RTI

In your RTI application did you ask only for "copies" or "certified copies" ?
    @cjkarira

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir,
    I didn't ask for certified copies. I ask only to provide documents. Somebody told to me that they have to put signature on each and every document.

Dear G.L.N. Prasad Garu,
    Thank you so much. Tomorrow am going to lodge First Appeal.
    Hope in future also you will guide to me.
    If you don't mind, Pls. tell me your mobile number or give miss call to my mobile.
    It is very difficult for me to post everything in English, as my English knowledge is very poor.
    With Regards....
    S.Mahaboob Basha
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The application and reply are attached herewith for your perusal.
    -dgp_reply-jpg-dgp_reply-jpg

Total Downloaded
    178.8 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.08%
    Monthly Activity
    30.24%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Janab, don't worry about a foreign launguage. Communication and essence are important; I could not open the files sent by you.
    The forum is equipped with best of experts in the nation and you can expect any reply within hours. So don't worry about personal communication and always shoot through forum, so that you can get best advice from all forum members.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basha_shake View Post
    The application and reply are attached herewith for your perusal.
    -dgp_reply-jpg-dgp_reply-jpg

Once again, thank you so much for your quick response. . . . . . .
    I will do that....

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Monthly Activity
    0.79%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basha_shake View Post
    Sir,
    I didn't ask for certified copies. I ask only to provide documents. Somebody told to me that they have to put signature on each and every document.
    Dear Mr.Basha

PIO has not erred in the case as PIO has supplied the copies sought by you. Kindly also read: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centre...#axzz2A1VeZYbp

However you may file FIRST APPEAL as you are not satisfied with the supplied info.

regards