Upvote Upvote:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Nitin Kuchhal
    0 Post(s)
    0 Post(s)

    Default Interstate Car Transfer Process

    Recently I relocated to Delhi NCR permanently. I have 3+ years old car for which I have taken a NOC from Bangalore RTO.

    Now I want to understand what is exact process so that I do not face Traffic Cops' torture.

    As far as I understand from various forums, I can do the following:
    Option 1:

    1. Pay Road Tax in trasfered State RTO (here Muzaffarnagar, UP)
    2. Apply for the refund from Bangalore RTO
    3. Use the car for next 1 year (from NOC date) without having to re-register the car in UP
    4. Post 1 year of NOC, I HAVE to re-register the car in UP with UP Registration number.

    Option 2:

    1. Pay the Road Tax & Re-register the car straight away
    2. Apply for the refund from Bangalore RTO

    Is this process correct, or, are there any corrections ?

    Apart from this, what else should one know to follow this process for any state & vehicle ?

    I really am hunting for some answers, as people around dont seem to know much. Thus would really appreciate some help.



  2. #2

    Default Re: Interstate Car Transfer Process


    This forum is dedicated to discuss issues related to RTI Act 2005.
    For help in other matters, please try our sister website www.bighelpers.org


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android