1.75%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Time frame for First appeal

I had made application under RTI, I have received unsatisfactory reply just within 5 days of filing my application.

Now my query is I have to appeal within 30 days,

1) this 30 days will start from the moment I have received my reply under RTI or
    2) any time within 60 days of filing my application i.e, Annexure "A"

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Time frame for First appeal

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    I had made application under RTI, I have received unsatisfactory reply just within 5 days of filing my application.

Now my query is I have to appeal within 30 days,

1) this 30 days will start from the moment I have received my reply under RTI or
    2) any time within 60 days of filing my application i.e, Annexure "A"
    I interprete section 19(1) to hold the view that it is clear that 30 days starts from the day you have received the reply

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.76%
    Monthly Activity
    26.32%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nile0611,

Following is the Section 19(1):

<TABLE style="LINE-HEIGHT: 2" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline"><TD style="WIDTH: 15px">1.</TD><TD>Any person who, does not receive a decision within the time specified in sub-section (1) or clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 7, or is aggrieved by a decision of the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, may within thirty days from the expiry of such period or from the receipt of such a decision prefer an appeal to such officer who is senior in rank to the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer as the case may be, in each public authority: Provided that such officer may admit the appeal after the expiry of the period of thirty days if he or she is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.

Clearly 30 days start from date you received the reply.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Karira Has Exactly Confirmed What I Wrote. I Did Not Reproduce The Section As I Wanted To Save My Time And Also Of Other Readers,anyway Now That Section Is Reproduced Matter Gets Finally Concluded.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My friend has asked information from PIO Dy. Registrar Co-Op Hsg Soc regarding the accounts and functioning details of the society in which he is residing.
    The PIO Dy. Registrar forwarded the application within 5 days to the secretary of society and copy of was sent to the applicant.
    The secretary denied information by giving a very vague reply in just another 10 days.
    Now the applicant wants to appeal to the First A.A then what will be time frame of appeal ?
    1) Within 30 days of receiving reply from the secretary of the society.
    or
    2) 30 days of forwarding application by PIO to the secretary.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.67%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nile, Let me put it this way. The proposed appeal is with regard to an unsatisfactory reply to a RTI petition. Hence time limit is 30 days of the receipt of this unsatisfactory reply.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    Nile, Let me put it this way. The proposed appeal is with regard to an unsatisfactory reply to a RTI petition. Hence time limit is 30 days of the receipt of this unsatisfactory reply.
    Iwwould view it differently.My appli was to REGISTRAR, he has not transfered appli to other PIO but sought info from the society. Finally he is suposed to reply which it appears here he has not replied. Hence time limit is 30 days from the end of 30 days of registrar receiving the application.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.67%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by narayanvarma View Post
    I would view it differently.My appli was to REGISTRAR, he has not transfered appli to other PIO but sought info from the society. Finally he is suposed to reply which it appears here he has not replied. Hence time limit is 30 days from the end of 30 days of registrar receiving the application.
    If the ground of appeal is non-receipt of reply from the PIO, then the above view is correct. Since Nile's original query is a bit ambiguous on this area, besides non-furnishing of any specific dates, I presumed the appeal to be against the unsatisfactory reply, in my answer.