9.33%
    Monthly Activity
    49.65%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Non-payment of salary

Now, file an RTI Application through a friend or relative of yours living at a distant place and seek:

[1] Certified copy of the sanction for the post of Dentist in Tamil Nadu State Government Hospital at ..................... as available at present.

[2] Certified copy of the proposal submitted to the Government for extension of currency of the post of Dentist in Tamil Nadu State Govt Hospital at .................

[3] Certified copy of the proposal submitted to the Government seeking fresh sanction for the post of Dentist in Tamil Nadu State Govt Hospital at .................

[4] Name, designation and office address of the Officers responsible for according sanction for extension of the post of Dentist in Tamil Nadu Sate Govt Hospital at ...............

[5] Name, designation and office address of the Officers responsible for according fresh sanction for the post of Dentist in Tamil Nadu Sate Govt Hospital at ...............

[6] Certified copy of the index page of the file indicating day to day movement of the file seeking extension / fresh sanction for the post of Dentish in Tamil Nadu State Govt Hospital at .............. in the Ministry(s) as well as office of the Director, Health & Family Welfare, Chennai.

[7] Please inform me the action taken by the Director, Health & Family Welfare as well as the Government of Tamil Nadu to pay salary and allowances to the Dentists / Medical Officers working against posts which have no currency or sanction during the last six months.

[8] Please inform me the measures taken by the Director, Health & Family Welfare as well as the Govt of Tamil Nadu to ensure subsistence of the officers working against sanction awaited posts in Govt Hospitals in state of Tamil Nadu.

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks raveenaji.. Why dont i file RTI in my name?

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%
    Monthly Activity
    40.97%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Re: Non-payment of salary

Quote Originally Posted by sadik112 View Post
    thanks raveenaji.. Why dont i file RTI in my name?
    It is better you only file the RTI application since you are the aggrrieved and first party of the case on the lines suggested by RAVEENAJI.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can i claim any compensation for the delay in this matter?

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PIO replies he cannot give answer to my rti.. what to do next?

I joined as Dentist in Tamil Nadu State Government Hospital in September 2013, but i have not received my salary till date. When i approached my office they said that the post in which i am posted is a "Lapsed post", so that i can receive my salary only after receiving "Further continuance" order from the government... so, i filed an RTI to the health and family welfare department, joint director office-medical & rural health services of my district and also to the cheif medical officer of my hospital. the RTI which i filed is as follows..

1) How long will it actually take to make the “Lapsed Post” to “LIVE Post”?
    2) I joined as Assistant Surgeon (dental) on 18/09/2013 at Mudhukulathur GH, Ramanathapuram District. When I am supposed to receive my salary for the 1st month and thereafter every month?
    3) However, it is been more than 4 months now, please give the names and designation of the officials who were supposed to take action for my salary payment?
    4) What actions were supposed to be taken by the concerned officials for the disbursement of my salary?
    5) When those actions were supposed to be taken by the concerned officials?
    6) What necessary actions have been taken so far regarding my salary?
    7) When these actions have been taken by the concerned officials regarding my salary?
    8) I have made written requests earlier for the same on 6/1/2014, Please tell me the daily progress made on my requests so far i.e.
    a. When did my application reach which official,
    b. For how long did it stay with that official and
    c. What did he/she do during that period?
    9) What action would be taken against these officials for not doing their work or for the delay made causing harassment to the employee?
    10) By when would that action be taken against these officials for not doing their work (or) for the delay made regarding my salary?
    11) By what date would I get my salary now?
    12) What compensation will be given to me for not disbursing my salary for more than 4 months?
    13) Who will pay that compensation?
    14) When that compensation will be paid to me?

the reply which i received from the health and family welfare department is:
    "With references to the RTI petition cited, the petitioner is informed that as per sections 2(f), 2 (i) and 2 (j) of RTI Act, the Public authority cannot be question the PIO in the guise of information and the information seeker has no right to seek on the opinion, explanation and clarification, etc.."

What should be my next step?

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.33%
    Monthly Activity
    49.65%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sadik, please don't start multiple post on same issue. Your threads on same issue are merged.

The definition of information, as it occurs in Section 2(f), lays down scope of the type of information an applicant can seek. The underlying idea is clearly that the Applicant’s entitlement for information is only in respect of the categories of information mentioned in Section 2(f) read with Sec.2(i) and (j). It is not open to an applicant to ask, in the guise of seeking information, queries to public authorities about the nature and quality of their actions. The RTI Act also does not cast on public authority any obligation to answer queries. Applicant’s right extends only to seek information as defined in Section 2 (f) & (j) either by pinpointing the file, document, paper, record or sample etc, or by mentioning the type of information as may be available with the specified public authority. RTI Act is also not a tool to settle Service Grievances. These are to be decided on merit by competent authority of each Public Authority.

It is for this reason, you were advised to file RTI application based on Post no.9 above.

You have only raised queries to the PIO eliciting answers from him. Asking questions will not solve your problem. There seems to be nothing wrong with the reply of the PIO. However, if you are not satisfied with it, you can file First Appeal before FAA within 30 days from receipt of PIO's reply.

Alternatively, please file fresh RTI Application based on Post#9 thorugh a friend / relative of yours at the earliest. The queries in Post#9 would wake up the sleeping babus and the process would get expedited.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can i go for first appeal and ask the information given in post #9 ?

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.33%
    Monthly Activity
    49.65%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No. You cannot raise new issues in first appeal. The FAA is required to see whether his PIO has acted reasonably and in fairness within the ambit of the RTI Act. You cannot agitate before FAA on issues which were not before the PIO.

File fresh RTI Appication, through a friend/relative.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription