Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passed out from Shridhar University last May but havent received Provisional degree certificate yet!

Hello Sir,
    I was a student of Shridhar University(a private university near Pilani,Rajasthan) from 2010-13. I received my Year-wise marksheets but havent recieved my Provisional Degree certificate from the institute. So i went to the college campus on 22nd Feb and was asked to write an application and a demand draft of Rs. 500 by the college receptionist. I did so and was assured of it to reach my house by 15th March,but there is no update on that. The phone numbers provided to me also are not in service now! Please guide me for further action as i am to sit for govt exams soon!!

Total Downloaded
    1.52 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.75%
    Monthly Activity
    49.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Passed out from Shridhar University last May but havent received Provisional degree certificate yet!

This forum is dedicated in guiding citizens in seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act and the University is a Private and administrative and supervisory controls of state Govt., affiliation and recognition from UGC is not intimated.
    So, you cannot find a solution for your problem under RTI Act as Private institutions are not within ambit of RTI Act.
    Please issue a Registered Notice to Registrar of Shridhar University, drawing his attention to undue delay of one year in sending the provisional degree certificate (that has to be given immediately within 3 months from publishing of results) and also inform the date of your applicaiton for PC and particulars of DD remitted as fees and demand for arranging of PC before 15thApr, 14.Mention some proof that confirms that given telephone numbers are not in service (Just like call recording,or from those booths where particulars of date, no. called,etc., comes out as printed receipt. Also inform that you will be subjected to irreparable loss, and may have to file complaint before District COnsumer forum. Preserve the receipt, copy of PC application, DD counterfoil and copy of this notice, and wait upto 15th of Apr, 14. You may have to file complaint before District Forum later and it may not cost you more than Rs.200/-as the issue issimple and you may have to appear atleast five times to Forum yourselves.

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.5 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%
    Monthly Activity
    13.79%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Passed out from Shridhar University last May but havent received Provisional degree certificate yet!

> Please refer to the following link:

How to get information of private entity under RTI?

Link: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...under-rti.html

> Please Note: RTI process may take some time.
    "It is elementary that what is binding on the court in a subsequent case is not the conclusion arrived at in a previous decision" "A case is only an authority for what it actually decides and not what may come to follow logically from it. Judgments of courts are not to be construed as statutes" - Supreme Court in AIR 1982 SC 149 (at p.231).

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription