Monthly Activity
    42.35%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PM urges use of RTI for honest government

PM urges use of RTI for honest government

New Delhi, Aug 15 : Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday urged Indians to make full use of the Right to Information (RTI) Act to ensure that the government "functions property and honestly".

Speaking at the Red Fort on the 60th anniversary of India's independence, the prime minister said the act was enacted to make the government, at all levels, "more accountable and more transparent, and to fight the cancer of corruption.

"I want every citizen to make full use of this act to ensure that government functions properly and honestly."

PM urges use of RTI for honest government @ NewKerala.Com News Channel

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.71%
    Monthly Activity
    0.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: PM urges use of RTI for honest government

The message by P.M. is encouraging. Thanks to the Chief Executive of the union with a request kindly transmit the message to all concerned in public offices with a direction to comply RTI Act with utmost sincerity. Again saluting PM for this act of bravery in the field of implimation of golden law as he said earlier in parliament while tabling bill on RTI on 11.05.2005
    Last edited by prasad.dhirendra; 08-18-2007 at 08:18 AM.
    Dhirendra Prasad
    RTI Activist.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.22%
    Monthly Activity
    0.33%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RTI is too good a subject for public speeches. What solution does our Hon'blePrime Minister has when theState InformationCommissions refuce to perform and the State Governors does not bother about written complaint on the dismal performance of the SICs ? Hashe ever made any move to arrange to watch theperformanceof theSICs ?

Name:
    shrigopal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2%
    Monthly Activity
    0.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I quote a decision of the First Appellate Authority of my employer Insurance Company:
    Appeal No. 029/2009 Dt.25 June 2009
    Decision: On perusal of the appeals (numbering 74 as on date) filed by the appellant to the undersigned,against hos 109 no.s of applications under RTI submitted by him to his employer/Committee of Parliament on Official Language/Ministry of Finance/Central Vigilance Commission etc.it is noted that the appellant is not interested in any genuine information but is merely making an attempt to subvert the mechanism of the Act for no public gain.
    His umpteen applications are repetitive in nature relating to domestic enquiry against him and are designed not to elicit information as defined in section 2(f) of the Act but to cause discomfort to the authorities concerned for having initiated disciplinary proceedings against him which are pending decisions by the Competent authority. The Hon"ble Central Information Commission has also in its order in Case Nos.CIC/AT/A/2008/01594 & 01596 dt.21.05.2009 & CIC/AT/A/2008/01521 dt.15.04.2009 have held a similar view.
    In this instant appeal also.copy of the applicable rules have already provided to him by the CPIO,Head Office under cover of his letter dt.01.04.2009.The Appellant has demanded specific rules governing certain actions of the Inquiry Officer under Domestic Enquiry proceedings which apart from the disciplinary procedure rules are also governed
    by the Common Law and the Appellant cannot plead ignorance of the same.
    As such the information called for does not come under the definition of section 2(f) of the Act and is also not furnishable as per section 8(h) of the Act.
    Some Facts blissfully ignored: I started RTI applications from June 2007 long before disciplinary proceedings initiated against me during February 2008.
    The so called disciplinary Rules supplied under RTI Act pertain to that of NIACL Rules 2003,however,they are holding proceedings against me under Rules of 1975.
    In the First Memo against me I was charge sheeted fro absence of 35 days although I informed of sickness again and again,submitted certificate while joining.Another employee who was basent fro six months,was able to satisfy/gratify the
    authority,there are no proceedings against him.
    They have forgotten to deliver the charge sheet for the second enquiry as per the procedure by registered post,they have held ex-parte enquiry without any notice of ex-parte or fresh witnesses to me.