Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question RTO registration of two wheeler

Dear Friends,

My friend purchased a mobike on loan. at the time of filling the loan forms, they asked for his bank statement. being a member of the ICICI bank, he produced the same and was accepted by the lenders. Now, for the registration of the vehicle in RTO, these people are asking for an insurance policy, "only from LIC." Now this fellow(my friend) has himself insured with ICICI Prudential and wanted to submit the same. I want to know, when the bank statement was accepted, then why not the Insurance policy from the same company? Let me make it clear, that the policy which he produced, is in force till date. I would be helpful if someone would guide him for what could be done and what are the relevant options available with him??

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: RTO registration of two wheeler

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information

Actually, LIC does not issue vehicle insurance. To my knowledge, RTO insists on vehicle insurance, not life insurance. Even ICICI pru does not write vehicle insurance. So your query is bit confusing.

You can submit a query to RTO, asking for latest copy of rules regarding registration of vehicle, and names of inurance companies who issue a valid vehicle insurance. The RTO website, Mahatransport.org - The official website of Transport Department Maharashtra State, does not give any such list.

If your lender is insisting that the borrower has to get his life insured, similarly ask him copy of internal circular etc saying that only specific copmanies insurance is acceptable.

Visit and study RTI Guide to learn how and where to make an application under RTI.