0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.13%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Inquiry details and File Notes

i have sought information of a recently promoted brigadier whom i had proved corrupt under army rule 180 in a staff court of inquiry. it seems the officer was so well connected that he got away with non recordable whimsical excuse not commiserating with punishments

Now I have asked for copies of the court of inquiry, his reason of getting away scot free etc. The PIO replied me it does not fall under section 2 (f). I have lodged an appeal in MS branch also that promoted him by hiding issues from selection board.

Now can I seek file notings under which he was rewarded when MS br ignored my inputs about him.

Can I also seek rules under which he was aquitted on various issues

Can I also seek his selection board documents as there was negative remarks in his ACR. That was probably washed off by connections.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.81%
    Monthly Activity
    0.13%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Can anyone put objection to provide the information asked under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by vikrambakshi67 View Post
    i have sought information of a recently promoted brigadier whom i had proved corrupt under army rule 180 in a staff court of inquiry. it seems the officer was so well connected that he got away with non recordable whimsical excuse not commiserating with punishments

Now I have asked for copies of the court of inquiry, his reason of getting away scot free etc. The PIO replied me it does not fall under section 2 (f). I have lodged an appeal in MS branch also that promoted him by hiding issues from selection board.

Now can I seek file notings under which he was rewarded when MS br ignored my inputs about him.

Can I also seek rules under which he was aquitted on various issues

Can I also seek his selection board documents as there was negative remarks in his ACR. That was probably washed off by connections.
    You can ask for copies of the inquiry report. You may see file notings, but that would not solve the purpose. You can seek the rules under which he was aquitted. You can also ask for quasi judicial reasons Unde Section 4(1)(d).

But you cannot and will not be allowed to view his ACR. Unless he is retired or dead, ACR may not be disclosed to another party.

Manoj

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.43%
    Monthly Activity
    0.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Response on 'Withelding information by PIO, Indian Army citing reason as third party information'

Dear Vikram,
    I don't think it is correct to comment on issues based on oneside projection . You have reported an alleged corruption. Authorities have taken action. Since the officer is promotted, obviously your allegations were proved baseless. Since you were the complainant, you might have got opportunity for being heard. Unlike civil, the Army still maintain certain standard. Whatever may be the influence, if an oficer is exonerated and promotted despite a staff court of enquiry, please be assured that the allegations are absolutely baseless. If you still press the issue, it is likely that you will get into trouble.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.43%
    Monthly Activity
    0.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Can anyone put objection to provide the information asked under RTI

Same post is seen repeated.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    185.2 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.61%
    Monthly Activity
    15.42%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Inquiry details and File Notes

Started a new thread

Vikram,

Please do not

1. Make your post about some other topic/subject in a existing thread, Start a new thread.
    2. Do not make the same post in two different threads.

This will ensure that the forum is well organised for future reference by members and guests.

Name:
    vikram
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.13%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The respected CIC has stated that ‘Public servants should be evaluated, rewarded, and punished based on the extent to which they desist from corrupt and illegal practices. This is an essentially “negative” and process-based view of accountability in so far as it requires public servants only to restrain from certain activities .

I think he is right and my RTI is in that spirit. I was the complainanat and i produced written documented proof.

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.80 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3%
    Monthly Activity
    0.13%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vikrambakshi67 View Post
    The respected CIC has stated that ‘Public servants should be evaluated, rewarded, and punished based on the extent to which they desist from corrupt and illegal practices. ......................................
    Dear Vikram,

Can you please quote the source of the CIC remarks?

Please note I have nothing to say about the correctness or otherwise of your complaint.

Name:
    vikram
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.13%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it was one of the CIC decsions. i generlaly save such decsions refrence.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription