Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Only Kannada Applications in Karnataka?

Hi

my aunty wanted certain information about survey maps from village panchayat. so i drafted a RTI application and told her to deliver at the Panchayat Secretary office who is the PIO there.

Now the woman is not ready to accept the application.

During the first visit my aunt was told that the application fee has to be paid by Indian Postal Order only. for this i thought maybe they dont accept cash at the panchayat level (pls clarify this doubt of mine)

so next day she went with the postal order with necesssary changes in the application. she also re drafted the application to have max 150 words was per the recent amendments in karnataka.

now she is told that the application has to be in kannada... AND she have to give reasons as to why she wants the info.

when my aunt said that reason is not to be given by the applicant she gave her a Printed form in kannada that had RTI 2005 reference. The form also had a Reason for the Inormation place.

Pls tell me

1. Is kannada really needed for RTI applications in karnataka at the panchayat level as per any recent amendments?

2. Is reason really needed to be given in RTI applications in karnataka at the panchayat level as per any recent amendments?

3. is there any prescribed format for applications?

4. Where do i complaint against the PIO for refusal of accepting the application. Is it the District Collector? or the Tahsildar?

Thanks in advance.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.1%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Only Kannada Applications in Karnataka?

Applicant can file RTI appln in English, Hindi or official language of the state from whom info is sought. Village Panchayat cannot refuse to accept RTI appln in English. I suggest that you address and mail by regd ad post RTI appln to SPIO of District Collector Office with IPO. He is bound to forward to the concerned SPIO of village panchayat within 5 days of receipt by him, under advice to applicant. For Karnataka RTI rules pl visit KARNATAKA RTI RULES - RTI Guide. Please mention that U want reply in English. My experience with municipal corp of bengaluru [bbmp] is that they replied my english rti appln in kannada, which i do not know. In fact SPIO should reply in the language used for appln. It has been general experience that RTI applicants are harassed under one pretext or other, if they personally visit for filing. It is better to send by regd/speed ad post.
    Last edited by jps50; 02-18-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Pramod Farias
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today morning i had instructed her to send the same application to the same Secretary of Gram Panchayat by way of Regd AD. Will that help or i should have sent it to dist collectors office only?

if she refuses to accept the postal application, i will complaint to the dc office without opening the refused mail packet as suggested in some thread here.

pls post more feedback.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.1%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pl also visit http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html. If you are sending to SPIO of DC Office, then make IPO payable at the district place where DC office is situated.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pramodfarias View Post
    today morning i had instructed her to send the same application to the same Secretary of Gram Panchayat by way of Regd AD. Will that help or i should have sent it to dist collectors office only?

if she refuses to accept the postal application, i will complaint to the dc office without opening the refused mail packet as suggested in some thread here.

pls post more feedback.
    That's absolutely right. Please keep in mind the other useful points suggested by JPS sir.

Name:
    Sanjay Kumar Mishra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.37%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Pramod Ji,

JP Sir has already clarifiy you. Please always keep in mind that no govt. officer is ready to recd. RTI application. So it will be better to send through Regd AD Post or Speed Post. IPO should be payable at the station where PIO's office is situated to whome you are sending your application. If you are unknown about the name of payee, dont worry left it blank but add one more line in your application - IPO No.__________ dated __________ for Rs. _____ enclosed towards RTI Fee. As I am unknown about the name of payee, so I have left it blank. Please fill the same at your end and use it.

An application under RTI related to any office of any dept. of State Govt. situated within the district limit, may be forwarded to PIO O/o Deputy Commissioner, _________ District, _______ State. It is the duty of PIO to forward this RTI Application to concerned PIO within 5 days under advice to applicant.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription