Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Electoral Voter List

Hi All-

I am a new member to this site. I first of all upheld all of you in due respect and extend my heartiest congratulations for extending and educating Indian citizens about the Right To Information.

Going ahead, I have a question about casting votes in elections. My native place is Uttar Pradesh (I have resided 26 years over there). My job shifted me to Maharastra. I didn't have registration in Electoral Voter list in U.P. I an to exercise my right to voting in Maharashtra. I have been residing in Maharashtra past three years.

I am clueless about if I am eligible for voting in Maharashtra. Can I cast my vote here or I will have to register myself in U.P electoral voter list.

Can anyone of you shed your knowledge on this?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nitin

Name:
    Devendranath
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Electoral Voter List

Hello! Mr.Nitin, Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information. You have to register at the place of your residence for voting. This site is excusively for RTI related subject/discussions, so for further information, please visit our sister website bighelpers.org/forum and post your query there. Regards
    Positive thinkers get Powerful Results.

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Electoral Voter List

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information, Nitin.

Please note that this forum is exclusively for discussion and sharing of views about Right to Information Act, and its implimentation. For other queries, you may please refer to http://www.bighelpers.org.

However,

You are eligible to vote in Maharashtra, assuming you are above 18. You can visit a nearby collector office (What is called DM's office in UP). There, you have to find 'Election Branch' Office. Fill up form 6 for enrolement. Attach address proof and age proof, (Attested by a gazetted officer) and submit the form. Remember to preserve acknowledgement of the form. They may ask you to alos give 2 passport size photos for Photo ID.

If you carry the proofs and photos, you can actually finish this in a single visit. You can also download the form from Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra