0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.17%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2nd Appeal with Gujarat Information Commission

Going through the website of the latest decisions of the Gujarat Information Commission, I observed that a few of the latest Appeal Decisions posted on the website relate to RTI applications filed recently, as late as 17th/20th Feb, while the decisions are made on 24th/25th Feb:

GIC - Gujarat Information Commission

GIC - Gujarat Information Commission

while the decisions only direct the FAA to hear the matter immediately and decide, and not even made after hearing the complainant and respondent, it makes me wonder as to what is the procedure as regards hearing of appeals. are they dealt chronologically / randomly?

for a appeal filed by me on 15th Feb, when can I possibly hope for a hearing?

any guidance will be highly appreciated

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: 2nd Appeal with Gujarat Information Commission

Possibly GIC is remanding matters of direct complain to FAA without any deliberation on the case. So it may have felt that there is no need to keep such matters in the normal queue. It is quite possible that such orders are being drafted by some clerical staff (using copy-paste) and signed by the IC.

Name:
    whackpack india
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.17%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is there any way of knowing the status of our second appeal with Gujarat Information Commission. It has been three months since I filed my second appeal, and I havent heard anything from GIC...

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%
    Monthly Activity
    10.87%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If the applicant has filed first appeal and he does not get decision within 30 [or 45 days for reasons to be recorded], it should be presumed that FAA has declined prayer of the appellant. In such a situation there is no point in remanding back to FAA. If appellant is not satisfied with FAA decision, he will have to refile second appeal-waste of time, money and energy. In fact FAA should be pulled up by GIC for failure to take decision, instead the applicant is being penalised.
    Last edited by jps50; 05-12-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whackpack View Post
    is there any way of knowing the status of our second appeal with Gujarat Information Commission. It has been three months since I filed my second appeal, and I havent heard anything from GIC...
    Unfortunately the only way is to file another RTI application to the PIO of GIC asking for the status of your second appeal.