Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name:
    rupak dutta
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Are there any rules/instructions/circulars in connection with Govt,servants ' dependants for Passport NOC (Annexure-"B") ?

I have applied for NOC in Annexure-B for application for Passport from my department. I am a Central Govt. Gazzettted officer. Department issued NOC along with Identity Certificate in respect of me but rejected indentity certificates in form of Annexure-"B" in respect of my dependent children. The prescrbied form of "Annexure-B" of Passport Application Form has provisions for indentity certificate to be issued from the employer for govt servant and their dependent family members but I did not find any Acts/Rules in connection with the provisions of dependent family member of the Govt. Servant in the Passport Act,1967.

If any body can help providing any provisions in connection with the above by way of citing any Acts/Rules/Instructions/circulars, etc. to fight with my employer. Regards.

Rupak Dutta, Kolkata.

Name:
    Raveena
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are there any rules/instructions/circulars in connection with Govt,servants ' dependants for Passport NOC (Annexure-"B") ?

Dear Rupak,

GoI has issued revised instructions in the recent past indicating that the Department Concerned shall be required to issue NOC for employee as well as dependents even if they are major. This was widely circulated by all ministries and department.

File an Application before the CPIO of your Head Office along with proper application fee and seek latest instructions with regard to issuance of NOC to Employees and Dependent Relatives of a Government Servant.

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    Raveena
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are there any rules/instructions/circulars in connection with Govt,servants ' dependants for Passport NOC (Annexure-"B") ?

Quote Originally Posted by roopakdutta View Post
    to fight with my employer. Regards.

Rupak Dutta, Kolkata.
    Comments below Rule 6(2) of Passport Act ,1967 provides issue of No Objection Certificate by the Employer Department.

There is no need for any fight. If your immediate superiors are not convinced, please send your application seeking NOC to your Head Office. You can also seek the copy of circular from your Regional Passport Office itself. If there is hesitation on their part, please file RTI Application with RPO also.

Name:
    rupak dutta
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Raveena. I have exercised all options excepting filing application to my employer and RPO. Theris no such instruction available with my Head office, rather to say they are very much ignorant including upto the level of Joint Secretary.

Can you help me provding the lates instruction in this regard any how?

Roopak

Name:
    Raveena
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At present I cannot locate it now.

Please file an RTI Application with Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi and seek the copy of guidelines.
    Please be in touch with this posting. If I can locate it from my records, I would post the Circular no. etc.

Name:
    rupak dutta
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks once again.
    Roopak.

Post Thanks / Like

in fact NOC is no longer necessary for either the govt servant or his dependents. you just need to inform the dept that you are applying for a passport and produce an endorsement of recceipt along with the passport application.

i too, am not aware of any circular which stipulates that NOC needs to be issued by the department to the dependents of the employee as well.

Name:
    rupak dutta
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Chanda,

The advantage of NOCin form of Annexure-B (dentity Certificate) is that there will be no police verification and you will get Passport within a short period . The format of "Annexure -B" to the Passport Application Form has specific provision for dependents of the employee. I feel that there should definitely some legal backing of the provisions by way of Circulars/Instructions/notifications, etc.

ROOPAK