Monthly Activity
    0.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VAT and Service Tax Rule

Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum, a great concept to have a forum like this..

I have booked an apartment in Bangalore in Jan-2005, registration is done in June-2005. That time there was no VAT and Service Tax rule. Project got delayed and now Builder is handing over possession, with this Builder is charging VAT and Service Tax. Details are as below,

VAT is = [(13,06,850) * 70% * 12.5%] ==> [9,14,795-/ is construction cost on which VAT is being calculated]
    And Service tax = [(13,06,850 + VAT) * 33% * 10.2%]

Whereas my Sale Agreement mentions Construction cost of 8,74,110-/ (including car park and amenities).
    So now question is whether VAT is calculated on total construction cost mentioned in Sale Agreement or on 70% of actual Apartment cost [like per sqft rate + Car park + Amenities]?

Thanks,
    Likhit

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Monthly Activity
    31.4%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: VAT and Service Tax Rule

Welcome. This portal is exclusively for THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005and hence U may post your query at sisiter website- www.bighelpers.org. However, I understand that service tax on constuction is being removed to give boost to construction industry. Pl check from website for service tax.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription