0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission details

Hello, I have sought for admission in Kendriya vidyalaya No.3, ONGC, Surat. I was told that the first list has been put up and that is the final list of students to the admission in Ist std. My kids name is in waiting list No.7&8.My hubby is in Central Govt. My query is how many students per class is taken and on what basis the admissions are done. Do i have the right to know how this school has filled seats for the class I. And why there wouldn't be any second list put up officially. The school brouchere says the capacity of a class is 40 students. Whereas only 22 names are there in final list. Please help me.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.10 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.02%
    Monthly Activity
    2.27%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission details

Quote Originally Posted by priya14 View Post
    My query is how many students per class is taken and on what basis the admissions are done.
    Only 50% of the intake capacity is required to be filled in first list.

Do i have the right to know how this school has filled seats for the class I.

The seats are filled up based on the broad policy guidelines issued by the KV Sangathan recently. There is too much change this year. The policy guidelines is available in KVS Website.

Broadly, the children of Transferable Employees are given admission. If your husband's job is not transferable, you have no right to claim admission. KVS is an institution created for the benefit of employees who has to go on All India or inter-state transfers or atleast intra-state transfers.

And why there wouldn't be any second list put up officially. The school brouchere says the capacity of a class is 40 students. Whereas only 22 names are there in final list.
    As per the new policy, only 50% of the capacity is only to be filled. Therefore there will not be a second list. Remaining seats will be reserved for students arriving on transfer in mid-session.

50% seats comes to 20. 1 single girl child quota + 1 handicapped quota makes total 22.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription