Monthly Activity
    58.69%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default address and id proof for providing sim of airtel

dear info warriors

i want to know what type of address and id proof has been taken by airtel for providing to sim for a particular mobile number ,i already know every detail of subscriber like name ,dob,father's name ,address etc
    i just want to know what type of proof has been taken by airtel like whether it was driving license or ration card or pan card etc

i filed rti in TRAI
    reply came from TRAI that we can not provide information as we do not maintain such information

i filed RTI to Deptt. of Telecommunication,sanchar bhawan,n delhi
    reply came from Deptt. of Telecommunication that we can not provide information as we do not maintain such information

now question is

is there any govt authority who monitors what type of proof has been taken for providing SIM

where i should file rti to know it ?
    suggest solution?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.06%
    Monthly Activity
    48208.8%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: address and id proof for providing sim of airtel

There is no Govt. Authroity which maintains this information.
    It is only maintained by the Service Provider and can be accessed by the Security Agencies, if required.
    You will not get this information if the service provider is a private operator.
    Even if it is BSNL/MTNL, this information will be denied under Sec 8(1)(j) unless you can bring in larger public interest.
    Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription