Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.21%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RTI to find whether a person name is listed in Airport Look Out Circulars

Hi,
    I am a victim of a false 498A and I would want to know how to find whether mine or my families name is on the LOC(Look out circular) at the Airports. I am interested with info from the Hyd Intl airport.
    Even though our passports had not been revoked and impounded with court orders, the Cyberabad police will do the mischief to just create hassle to cause inconvenience. Any information on the below q is greatly appreciated.
    We also came to know that there is no other way to find this info. Unlike passports surrender notice which they gave us, there is no need to inform us about the LOC and as such this worry.

Questions:
    1) Can RTI help this as we are asking question about a name in the document that exists with immigration.
    2) Who to apply for ?
    3) What will be the fees ?
    4) "Please inform if my name xxxxxx is listed on the Look out Circular with the immigration?. -- Will this question work?

Thanks,
    -498a Fighter

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.94%
    Monthly Activity
    53.45%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: RTI to find whether a person name is listed in Airport Look Out Circulars

Please see Sec 25.9 of:

http://cbi.gov.in/aboutus/manuals/Chapter_25.pdf

I don't think such information will be given to you under RTI, but there is no harm in trying.

Apply for the information under RTI to the SPIO (State Public Information Officer) located in the Office of the Director General of Police (DGP) of the State from where you think the LOC would have been issued. The details of the SPIO should be available on the website of the DGP or the State Police.

Your RTI application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees of that particular State. These are available in the Guide segment: RTI Guide

Read some of the other articles in the Guide segment which will help you in drafting, submitting, paying fees etc.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    Sudhir Kumar
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.21%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hello

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am a victim of false 498a.org. I live in USA and wants to know if there is anyway of finding out if my name is in Look Out Circular at Indian Airport.

Thanks
    Sudhir

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.3%
    Monthly Activity
    0.36%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: RTI to find whether a person name is listed in Airport Look Out Circulars

Sudhir Kumar, please refer to the reply of karira in his post #2 above.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    Kalayn
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.21%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Look out circular

Hi Sir,

I in crime no:498a and issued Look out circular on my passport, now i want to cancel Look out circular. I want get copy of my Look out circular, how can i get this.
    This Look out circular was issued by the S.P and how to get the copy of Look out circular from S.P or any other way through RTI.

My Contact No: XXXXXX (posting of mobile no is not allowed)

Regards,
    Kalyan.
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 08-24-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.94%
    Monthly Activity
    53.45%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kalyan,

Your post ahs been merged with an existing thread on the same topic/subject.

Please read the full thread above.

Please read some of the articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.
    @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription