Monthly Activity
    1.95%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PAY FIXATION 5th pay commission

Dear Sir/Madam

I request you to please give me some advice or guidance for pay fixation case long pending.

Mr X was given offer for the post of Workshop Supdt. as per appointment letter no.651/ Estt-1 dated 6-11-1996 in the scale Rs.3000-100-3500-125-4500 with five advance increments, Mr X accepted the offer and joined on above post on 06-01-1997 on basic pay of Rs.3500/-.

As the pay scales are revised with effect from 01-01-1996 as per 5th pay recommendation and Mr X had joined the organisation after 01-01-1996 , what Basic pay should be given to him in the revised scale of Rs.10000-325-15200 on date of his joining i.e. 06-01-1997

I shall be highly greatful to you

Last edited by khuranamnnit; 04-21-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: typing error

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.41%
    Monthly Activity
    500.29%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: PAY FIXATION 5th pay commission

Welcome to RTI India. Please go through the Need Help? section & FAQ at the bottom of this page for more information about RTI Act. Also please read - RTI Guide
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.41%
    Monthly Activity
    500.29%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: PAY FIXATION 5th pay commission

Fixation of pay is required to be made as on the date of resuming the post.
    Since Mr X had joined only on 6/1/97 i.e. after implementation of 5th PC scales, he stand appointed on new scale effective from 1/1/97. Five increments offered in 4th PC scales stand neutralized to two increments (i don't remember exactly whether it is two or three) in 5th PC scales. Mr X cannot claim five increments in new scales if it is not a qualification pay.

Please file RTI Application before CPIO of PA and seek (1) initial pay fixation sheet (2) fixation sheet as per 5th PC scales. For guidance please click

RTI Guide
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription