Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name:
    Riyaz

Default Legal Heirship Certificate Mumbai

MY WIFE FATHER AND MOTHER HAD GONE FOR HAJJ IN 2007. HER MOTHER EXPIRED IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT IN <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ /><st1:City w:st=</st1:City>MAKKAH, <st1:country-region w:st="on">SAUDI ARABIA </st1:country-region>ON 4-12-2007. THE EMBASSY OF <st1:country-region w:st="on">INDIA</st1:country-region> CONSULAR SERVICES, JEDDAH IS ASKING TO PRODUCE THE LEGAL HIERSHIP CERTIFICATE (LHC) FOR DEATH COMPENSATION CLAIM FOR SUBMISION TO SAUDI COURTS. THE LHC HAS TO BE ISSUED FROM GOVT DEPT LIKE COLLECTORATE/TEHSIL/MANDAL/PARISHAD ONLY.
    MY MOTHER IN LAW WAS RESIDENCE IN <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">MUMBAI</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">CITY</st1:PlaceType> SO THEY SAID THAT LHC ISSUED BY COLLECTORS OFFICE IS ACEPTABLE. When contacted Mumbai Collectorate office in Old Customs was informed that this office issue LHC to Govt. Employee for limited purposes only.
    PLEASE ADVISE FROM WHERE WE CAN GET LHC WHO IS NOT GOVT. EMPLOYEE and Just ORDINARY CITIZEN OF INDIA.
    THANKING FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVISE ON THIS MATTER RE LHC.<O</O

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Legal Heirship Certificate Mumbai

legal heirship certificate is issued by the officials of revenure dept like collector, SDM or tehsildar after verification. incase they are refusing to provide you with one, please approach the local civil court.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    Riyaz

Thnaks for the reply. The lawyers are asking huge fees to get LHC from Mumbai courts and says that the process can take 1-2 years or more. Please advise. Regards

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries

U can make enquiry at ward office of BMC or revenue dept of govt of maha. U can search official website of Maha govt.

0 Not allowed!
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Prakash Bangera

Arrow Legal Heirship Certificate or Successor Certificate

Dear all,

I am in need of a Legal Heirship Certificate or Successor Certificate. I approached Tehsildar office in Borivali. But they said that they issue certificate only to the Governmnt employees. The person asked me to approach Mumbai High Court. Now I dont know how to get this certificate from the High Court.

Please guide how to go about this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Legal Heirship Certificate or Successor Certificate

Prakash,

Please see this similar thread:

Legal Heirship Certificate Mumbai

0 Not allowed!
    Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    Seema Enand

Hi

Is the succession certificate a one time certificate or you require it separately for all procedures - am getting some shares transferred from the late dad's name to my mom's name.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    Prakash Bangera

I believe its one time certificate. Else getting the certificate for each and every matter would be quite painful. BTW, how are you getting this LHC?

0 Not allowed!