Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down delay in additional interest on arrear interest released on PF amount

After my retirement from SBI on 31-10-2006 PF dues with interest upto this date was released to me very late. While paying the amount into my savings bank account Bank could have sanctioned delayed interest(say from a related date in Jan'07 to that in April'07). On the other hand only after applying for it, the delayed interest, received by Bank's Office during August 2007, was released to me by Bank's office as late as on 02-01-2008 .

Am I eligible to get interest for delayed released of additional interest for the specified period?

Name:
    Sanchay Mitra
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: delay in additional interest on arrear interest released on PF amount

Yes you are eligible for the interest. You may also apply to consumer court for compensation as its a deficiency in service on the part of bank.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription