0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passport Native place verification

I work in Dubai. I have planned to get my family here and for the same have applied for passport for my wife and 2 infants.
    I did complete all the formalities which was needed from my end here and also send a sword form for my kids. The passport application for my wife and 2 kids was done on 6th of April(submission date on receipt), the receipt number for all those are B011810, G010727 and G010728.
    After some time the police had come for verification and all necessary documents were provided and the copy of same was submitted. Later again after 10 days police called and said that re inquiry has come for native place address, my wife and her family stay in mumbai for more than 30 years and they do not have any place in the native only some relatives and the same was told to the local police officials while the second verification, the police asked for the address for the relative and the same was provided. But still after providing all the details, don't know what the police wrote in their report the police verification status showed incomplete.
    Now it’s almost days after all this is over and there is no communication related the passport, when we check online for my wife file number B011810 it says that the STATUS : Police Report is incomplete and the case is being examined. If we go to the police station to ask they say they have already sent the report.
    For my infants passport we check the online status for both the files G010727 and G010728 it shows STATUS : You are requested to call on this office and meet the Public Relation Officer, Cabin No. ( ) on any working day between 10.30 am and 12.30 pm. Please bring your original ration card/school leaving certificate/birth certificate/ marriage certificate.
    Then i worte an email to the passport office inquiry, there was no response even after days.

Now the staus has been changed and it said for my wife that she needs to go to passport office and meet the PRO along with native place address and 2 person names, when she went there they said that the police has reeported that we didnt give native place address earlier and second time we gave address so they put it incomplete, and as i said that earlier we informed the police that we dont have any property there and we live in mumbai since long and all the document proof for the same was submitted. Now the passport officials say that we need to make an affidavit that we do not have any native place, when asked for the format nothing was said. Finally we were told to make affidavit and submit it along with some form and wait for the verification and again in 15 days if the report does not come to the local police the we again need to repeat the process.
    Now we are totally helpless and dont know what to do.
    I hereby request to guide me and let me knwo how can i expedite this process.. Thanking in advance.
    Ismail Khan

Last edited by karira; 05-30-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Removing all html tags for easy reading

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.91%
    Monthly Activity
    0.53%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Passport Native place verification

RTI will only help you expedite the passport issuing process after you have filed that affidavit.

Best is to file a simple affidavit by your wife that they have been staying at........(address) in .....(city name) for the last......(years) and that she or her family does not have any residence in ......(native) although some family relatives stay there.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    Ismail Khan
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Passport Native place verification

Hi,
    Thnx for your reply, my wife did submit the said afidavit to the passport office on 1st June 2009. They took only the copy of that and she was told that the enquiry will come to the local police again and if that is clear then it will go to further CBI enquiry and all process again. We also didnt get any acknowledgement for the affidavit submission. Dont know how much more time it will take as i have to go to India on 25th of this month and had planned for return journey with my family, but now dont know coz of this passport issue.
    But anyways thanks for your sugestions and let me know further how can RTI help me and how long should i wait for any further action and also is there any way i can get the passport before 25th of this month.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Ismail