Lv. Percent
    10.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Do customer has right to ask for a provisional statement from bank for Home loan.

Hi,

I have taken a home loan from a nationalized bank at my town. My company finance dept requests for a provisional statement from the bank which shows the company how much i am supposed to pay the bank as part of interest and principle for this fiscal year.In order to recalculate the TDS based on the statement.

When i approached my bank manager he says he cant give even a provisional statement.

Can some one help me in this !

with regards,
    Vinoth

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.6%
    Monthly Activity
    2.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Do customer has right to ask for a provisional statement from bank for Home loan.

Welcome to this portal. The bank is bound to give you these details every year to enable u to calculate income tax. Pl send a written request to the bank manager by speed post or registered AD post. If it is not given to you in 15 days, lodge a complaint to Nodal Officer of the bank at its Head Office. His address and email ID are available at website of the bank under customer care/contact link etc.

Alternatively, your employer can take into account amount of interest and principal of last FY and adjust in Mar of this FY.
    Last edited by jps50; 06-02-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.