0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do RTI applicable for Gas agencies like Bharat Gas

I dont know if RTI is applicable for Gas agencies like Bharat gas.
    But i do find the PIO details for Indian gas in their site.

Indian Oil Corporation :: RTI

I hope all gas agencies are regulated by Govt.

Name:
    Yousaidits Optional
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Do RTI applicable for Gas agencies like Bharat Gas

Dear Saroj,

RTI Act is applicable to all organizations which are completely or substantially financed by govt. - this includes all Public Sector Units. Since Bharat Gas is a PSU, the RTI Act applies to it and you can submit you application for information as desired.

regards,
    SomeGuy.

Name:
    Raj Kumar Sharma
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bharat Gas Connection

Dear sir,

first of all we would like to thank you for running such a helpful website for helping people.

My question is :

I have a bharat gas connection from jan 2007, and i am using it without issue, suddenly now they are asking for Ration card for continue the gas connection. is ration card must for gas connection ?

as i live on rented house so it is little difficult for me to make ration card where i changed the room. how ever i am ready to provide bank pass book and company letter head for address proof.

in this regard can RTI help me.

Regards
    Rajkumar Sharma
    (Posting of mob. no. is against forum rules-hence deleted)
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 06-25-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: mob. no. deleted

Name:
    Yousaidits Optional
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Bharat Gas Connection

Dear Shri Rajkumar Sharma,

Quote Originally Posted by rajsharma77 View Post
    as i live on rented house so it is little difficult for me to make ration card where i changed the room. how ever i am ready to provide bank pass book and company letter head for address proof.
    Please see the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) web-page on the Bharat Gas website: ebharatgas.com

The portion of relevance to your query is:
    How do I get a new LPG connection?

New LPG Connections are now available on demand. All you need to do is approach the nearest Bharatgas Distributor catering to your area with a proof of your residence address. The various documents accepted as proof of residence are Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, Employer's Certificate, Flat allotment / possession letter, Voters Identity Card or Rent Receipt.
    You should take a printout of that web-page and show to your distributor. If s/he still insists on Ration Card, file an RTI application to the company's local or regional office (not the distributor), asking for -
    a) The list of documents which could be used to establish proof of address in order to obtain a new gas connection in YYYY region for the period between XXX (write a date a few months before the date of your original application) and the date of reply to this application. In case this information is available on a website or other publicly accessible medium, please provide a certified extract of the same.

b) A certified copy of the official document (which may be a memo, order, circular or any other document) in which this list is specified. In case there has been any change to this list during the period mentioned, please provide certified copies of all such documents.

c) In case a distributor refuses to accept one or more of the documents in this list, please specify the name, designation, office address, and phone number of the official appointed and empowered to hear complaints and enforce compliance in this regard.
    Then attach the proof of address of your choice with a copy of the reply to this RTI application and submit to the distributor.

regards,
    SomeGuy

Name:
    Yousaidits Optional
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted