can you please tell me how to apply for RTI through registered post. And what are the reuirements for the same. also, please tell me how to name the 'lok suchna Adhikari' in the same, if i dont have any idea if the particular department has any such official or not.
Each Public Authority has a separate PIO & RTI section.Normally if you visit the office of the Public Authority , there might be a board indicating who is the PIO in that office & you can check the website of the Public Authority , it will have a RTI link somewhere on the home page.Please see: HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide
Your RTI application to that PA has to be as per the RTI Rules,fee & format applicable.
RTI Rules and Fees for various States, Centre and High Courts are available in the Guide segment of the portal: RTI Guide
The Guide section also has some useful articles on How, What, When, Where of RTI . They will help you in drafting your application, whom to send to, how much fees, how to pay, what rules to follow, etc.
Some good and valuable links are available under the "All about RTI " icon on the home page.
RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide
1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO
2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),
First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)
3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)
While filing any RTI application please remember:
1) Make sure you ask for information not for opinions/clarifications.
2) Never forget to sign your Application
3) Check the relevant RTI Rules regarding fees and make payment accordingly.
4)Application must be sent by Registered or Speed post so that you have a proof of delivery or you can submit it personally in PIO's office after receiving due acknowledgment.