Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Issue of Patta

Hello Every body,

I dont know whether this issue is covered by RTI act or not.
    I have purchased a piece of land in 27th June 2007 and registered it in my
    Name at Sub Registerer's office, Avadi. This piece of land belongs to Morai
    village which comes under the jurdiction of Ambattor Taluk office. I have applied through Amabattor taluk office for patta on 6th March 2008. As per their receipt by 7th April 2008 they will issue patta to me. But for the past
    one year and two months I made so many trip to the taluk office enquiring about the patta. They made me to run around between Morai village office and Ambattore taluk office for Chitta and other quries. For some time there was no permanent surveyor or village officer for Morai. But now there is a village officer for Morai, but they are not interested in taking any action towards this issue of Patta. Infact he openly declares that he is very busy with other works and asked me to go and complain to Tasildar.
    What I wanted to know is, Is it possible to make an appeal through RTI
    to know the status of my Patta and to know what is the reason for this delay in issuing Patta. If you all can advise me whether I can file a pettition through RTI for above cause or not? If so who will be the person to whom I should submit my pettition?

Thanks for reading.

SREEPREM.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.12%
    Monthly Activity
    256.51%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Issue of Patta

Dear Premkumar

U can file RTI application for the status of your application for Patta . For help/guidance please read this thread (a well drafted RTI application available as attachment): http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3553-patta-land.html

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

reagrds
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 07-01-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: correction

Name:
    Premkumar
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ambrish,

Thank you very much for your reply and the information. I was wondering on whose favour the Demand draft should be taken. Well after refering to the RTI websites I have taken it favouring Accounts Officer, Taluk Office,
    Ambattur. Today I have plan to visit the Taluk office to file the RTI pettition.
    Once again thanks for all the information.

Best regards
    Premkumar.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.12%
    Monthly Activity
    256.51%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Prem Kumar

RTI Application Fee: Fee of Rs.10/- which can be paid by affixing non-judicial court fee stamp on the application and cross signing by the applicant. This stamp is available with stamp vendors in/near courts. or by Demand Draft or Bankersí Cheque in the name of Accounts Officer, name of dept/office to which application is submitted payable at the place where application is filed.

For details please see: TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - RTI Guide

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the All About RTI links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Name:
    nemichadran
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi, My serious advice you can goahead with RTI act appeal, also try to contact district collector and give a pettion and tell him your office officials reponding like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SREEPREM View Post
    Hello Every body,

I dont know whether this issue is covered by RTI act or not.
    I have purchased a piece of land in 27th June 2007 and registered it in my
    Name at Sub Registerer's office, Avadi. This piece of land belongs to Morai
    village which comes under the jurdiction of Ambattor Taluk office. I have applied through Amabattor taluk office for patta on 6th March 2008. As per their receipt by 7th April 2008 they will issue patta to me. But for the past
    one year and two months I made so many trip to the taluk office enquiring about the patta. They made me to run around between Morai village office and Ambattore taluk office for Chitta and other quries. For some time there was no permanent surveyor or village officer for Morai. But now there is a village officer for Morai, but they are not interested in taking any action towards this issue of Patta. Infact he openly declares that he is very busy with other works and asked me to go and complain to Tasildar.
    What I wanted to know is, Is it possible to make an appeal through RTI
    to know the status of my Patta and to know what is the reason for this delay in issuing Patta. If you all can advise me whether I can file a pettition through RTI for above cause or not? If so who will be the person to whom I should submit my pettition?

Thanks for reading.

SREEPREM.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription