Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Maharashtra cooperative society act

  1. #1

    Maharashtra cooperative society act


    I need information about the above law. Does the registrar of society have any right to seize or seal a property without giving ANY NOTICE to the flat owner just becuase the flat owner has defaulted in paying the maintenance dues for some time?

    I purchased a flat on the 7th floor in Mira Road 10 YRS back but I could stay there not more than two years due to the illogical behaviour of the society. The lift used be closed everyday between 2-5 pm to which I objected. When they did not consider my request, I threatened to stop paying my monthly maintenance charges. They then stopped my water supply. I went to the police station but the mira road police did not lodge a complaint, just gave a warning to the society and left them.

    After this, the society harassed me so much that I, a single woman, with my 10 yr old daughter just closed the flat in May 2003 and came to stay at Goregaon.

    Whenever I visited my flat in Mirard, they gave me fictitous maintenance bills where the charges never tallied with the previous bill. They demanded money from me as much as Rs. 39000 when amount was less than Rs. 18000. They also sent me notice from the lawyer. When I asked for documentary proof, they did not give me anything.

    When I wanted to rent out my flat, they did not allow since the water supply was disconnected. They said the water supply will be reconnected only after I pay all the dues. But I know that I am not accountable to pay those dues. I was ready to pay the correct amount provided they gave me all the correct bills.

    When I went to see my flat on 12 July 09, I found that it was sealed. When I asked the society secy, he told me that it was sealed by the Registrar of Coop. societies in May 2008, exactly one year ago and I did not even know about this.

    No notice was sent to me by the registrar. What action can I take now. Can I ask for compensation for the loss incurred to me and the mental torture?

    Please note, I am not even a member of the society. They do not have any of my registration documents.

    Thanking you.
    Vidya Shinde
    Goregaon east, MUMBAI

  2. Re: Maharashtra cooperative society act

    Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information . This portal (RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information) is meant for issues related to the RTI Act 2005. For help, please visit website:
    Green Earth for Better Future


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android