Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Registered Post or Registered A.D.

We all speak of registered post and registered A.D. in most RTI discussions. I would like to know which is preferred. As per my understanding, registered post does not provide acknowledgement, but can be tracked, while registered A.D. can be tracked and also provides an acknowledgement of delivery. Everything good so far.

The question is , how do we prove that the copy we hold with us is the one we sent to the recipient. The recipient may actually say that the envelope was delivered but there was nothing in it, or claim it was just some text. How do we prove that the envelope contents are exactly what we are holding a copy of? Or should an application / letter be sent open, without an envelope?

I am sorry if I am unable to frame the question correctly, but I would request RTIINDIA members to respond.

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.33%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Registered Post or Registered A.D.

There have already been several discussions on this matter. Official communications, including those related to RTI should better be sent by speed post or registered AD post.
    Normally sending the documents in envelope should suffice. Special tricks are needed only in rare cases. Not using envelope is one of the several remedies.

Name:
    Jay Pawaskar
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Sandeep,

I only wished to know how we can refute the recipient's claim that the letter delivered was not what we are holding a copy of. I guess, an open letter is better proof than an enveloped one.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%
    Monthly Activity
    0.62%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. As pointed out above, this issue was thoroughly discussed in this forum. In circumstances like the one you mentioned, open letter send like 'Inland letters" is the only solution unless one can hand it over directly with acknowlegement in the office copy.

Name:
    Prabhakar HL
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.58%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

other way is, keep one extra copy of application and self addressed stamped envelop with the application and asking the officer to send the copy of application along with his initials on it, may serve the purpose.

I feel concerns expressed in post 1 is in extreme rare cases only. Most of the time the inward section Clark will not bother to see what is there in application and he just enters it in his inward register first.

Name:
    Arun
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Re: Registered Post or Registered A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pawaskar View Post
    Thanks Sandeep,

I only wished to know how we can refute the recipient's claim that the letter delivered was not what we are holding a copy of.
    I also wish to know this. Please give me an answer or if it has been already discussed, provide me the link.

I have submitted a resignation letter to my employer, but he refuses to acknowledge. I wish to send a resignation plus my notice pay cheque through registered AD post. But how to I later claim that I have sent exactly those which I'm holding a copy of?

Thanks in advance,
    Arun

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.80 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arun,

1] Send the resignation letter along with the cheque by registered AD post.

2] Before sending the cover take a photocopy of the cover from both sides.

3] Mention the contents of the cover on the cover in red ink (i.e. prominently). The photocopy suggested in point 2 above should show this mention of contents on the cover.

4] After 3-4 days send a registered AD inland letter informing the employer that the registered cover no. xxxx dated xxxx contains the resignation letter and cheque.

That's all. If you do not immediately receive any letter from your employer claiming that the registered cover did not contain the mentioned contents then it is proved that the employer has received the mentioned contents of the cover.