Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default dadagiri of secretary/chairman of cooperative housing society and corrupt registrar officials

On the 30th July, I got one corrupt recovery officer, Mr. XXXX, of the Registrar of co-operative housing society, Thane, arrested with the help of anti-corruption bureau, Thane. I would like to share this piece of information with all my fellow friends who are going through or have gone through the harassment from the secretary/chairman of co-operative housing societies and the Registrar/Dy.Registrar of cooperative housing society.

The secretary and others had added fictitious amount in the maintenance bills of my flat at Mira road which was closed for sometime. When I objected to this and demanded for all the past bills, they had the guts to add more fictitious amount and complain to the registrar that I am not paying the dues. The registrar forwarded my case to the special recovery and sales officer, Mr. XXXXX, who sealed my flat only after taking bribe from the society. I live at Goregaon east but I was not even sent a notice before or after sealing the flat inspite of having my Goregaon address.

The bribe amount was again added in my maintenance bill and proudly told to me that it is the amount paid to Mr. XXXXX to get my flat sealed. I was threatened that if I don’t give in and pay the dues, my flat would be auctioned. This is the kind of dadagiri the secretary and chairman played with me.

I approached the concerned recovery officer and requested him to remove the seal. I also agreed to pay the dues as per the notice though I knew I was not at fault. But this culprit now demanded bribe of Rs. 30,000/- from me to remove the seal.

At this point, I contacted the anti-corruption bureau, Thane, and with the trap they made, got him arrested red-handed while accepting the bribe. Thanks to the anti-corruption bureau.

I had faith in the govt and believed that the govt is not corrupt but some of its officers are corrupt and it is our duty to get them removed from their position. My appeal to the masses is not to give in to these corrupt govt servants demands. Just be alert.

Last edited by sandeepbaheti; 08-02-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Moderation

Name:
    Balasubramanian
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: dadagiri of secretary/chairman of cooperative housing society and corrupt registrar officials

Hello vidya,

This is rather shocking, and 3 cheers for your self-determination and courage in getting the recovery officer arrested; what is the status of your secretary/chairman?
    I had similar dadagiri experience but not to that extent in my building also. They prevented workers from working in my house for a fictitious reason, and had the guts to complain to the police that I had erected illegal structure in the building.

I would be glad to share the experience - my email is (Posting of mail ids & mob. no. is against Forum Rules -hence deleted)
    ; mobile is XXXXXXXXX

Its time that members of the society wake up to this kind of politicisation of the building wherein the committee members are enjoying with the member's money and showing dadagiri

Brgds,
    Bala
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 11-17-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: mail id and mob no deleted

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription