Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Caste Certificate

Dear Sir,
    My self belong to Scheduled Caste and my wife belongs to Backward Caste. Now, we would like to apply for the Caste Certificate (Community Certificate) for my first child. But, recebtly we came to know that for the intercaste marriage people like us, we can choose the Caste for our child either Father's or, Mother's. That is, it is not compulsary that the child should have the caste of Father's, it can be of Mother's also. And, we came to know that the suprecourt has also agreed and the government has also issued the act around 1976 itself. Is it true? If it is, could you please help me to provide such details. If we have, we can approach our local government people to apply for the Community Certificate.
    Thanks & Rgds,
    -Ashok

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Caste Certificate

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information
    Please note that this forum is not for providing answers or providing information. We endeavor to provide means for getting information by using the Right to Information Act, 2005.

The information you want can be available if you can ask it under the RTI Act to social welfare department of tamilnadu

But before you pen down the application, please go through guide.Here you will know , where and how to make application, where and how to make payment of fees, and how to draft a technically correct application.

For issues not related to Right to Information Act, we recommend our sister site, bighelpers.org

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription