0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PNB Account Details

My parents kept some amount in fixed deposit in PNB in 1988. We lost all the certificates as well as the payment receipts.

How can I get information about the account ? Is RTI applicable to PNB Managers ? How do I apply RTI for the same purpose.

Please help me ... Thanks in advance

Best regards,
    Santosh

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.80 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: PNB Account Details

Yes Punjab National Bank is a Public Authority and you can seek information from it under RTI.

However, I would advice you to first go through the guide section of this forum and gain some knowledge on correctly filing the application. That would save you from a lot of wasteful time, efforts and unnecessary frustration in case of writing incorrect application.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.34%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please also remember that this type of information is likely to be denied to you as "Third party information" unless the holder of the FD makes the RTI application himself/herself OR the application is made by a legal heir alongwith the proof of heirship.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.80 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Please also remember that this type of information is likely to be denied to you as "Third party information" unless the holder of the FD makes the RTI application himself/herself OR the application is made by a legal heir alongwith the proof of heirship.
    Karira,

I had exactly the same point in mind when I asked Santosh to first gain some knowledge of RTI.

But I did not explicitly mention it for the obvious reasons. From the opening post of this thread it appears that Santosh has very little knowledge of RTI. I expected him to come back with more details so that matter can be discussed further.

I am almost certain his RTI application will be replied negatively without any hesitation. However, subject to the more details, he will definitely get the required info either at 2nd appeal level or through a consumer dispute (if he chooses to file one).

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription