Name:
    Bharat Raju NVS
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Passport Renewal Status

Hi,

I've applied for renewal of passport on August 14, 2009. Till date I've no idea on what the status of the application is. When I look for the status at Passport Enquiry Status, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India it says that
    Police Report has not been received. This is the same status that is being displayed from the past 4 weeks. I even called the local police station regarding this and, they say that they have not received the application.

My File number is F020543.

How do i know the status of the application? When will i get my passport?

Name:
    INDUMATHY PRABHASHANKAR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delay in Passport renewal

Hello friends,
    I have submitted for my passport renewal during the month of June 2009 in the Chennai Passport office and have visited the passport office four times.during the first viist they asked me to fill inteh PP form again so that they can send fo rthe police verification which was not communicated to me either throgh post or in the website status.the police report was cleared during first week fo August. My case was promised to be delivered on September 4 which didnot happen again I went to the passport stood in the looong queue for hours an then got an appointment to meet hte officer and they promised that it will be dispatched on the 24th of Septemebr whcih has not happened yet. I am trying to reach somebody in the greivance cell left only with grievance as either the line is busy or nobody is picking the cal l:-(. I have a urgent travel which was supposed to happen in Septemebr and now I have postponed it to October because of ths Passport delay. If i do not receive it now then it will be very critical for me.

Please tell me what should I do to get my passport immediately.

Name:
    ambrish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Passport Renewal Status

Dear Bharat & Indumathy

U can file RTI application with CPIO of concerned RPO for the status of your passport.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" (sample application for passport delay available here)links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Last edited by ambrish.p; 09-30-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: add name

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    I have applied to renew my passport at Ranchi in Dec 2011. In April, from passport status website(Passport Application Status), i came to know the status as
    ---------------------
    You are requested to call on this office on any working day between 10 am to 1 pm to meet Passport Officer/Superintendent.

MEET APO FOR PERSONAL INTERVIEW REGARDING FOLLOWING OBJECTIONS :-

Furnish fresh EAP(1) form with declarations duly signed.
    ----------------
    So, i visited the passport office and submitted the new form and also a requition letter for police verification. However, till now there is no change in the status of my passport application at the website and the enquiry line is always busy.

I would like to know, whether I shall apply again with the new application number for the renewal?

Thanks and Regards
    Prabhavathi

Quote Originally Posted by ambrish.p View Post
    Dear Bharat & Indumathy

U can file RTI application with CPIO of concerned RPO for the status of your passport.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" (sample application for passport delay available here)links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please refer:

PASSPORT DELAY
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...-passport.html
    Passport Seva Portal
    www.indianpassport.nic.in
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.