Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Society Maintenance Charges

  1. #1

    Society Maintenance Charges

    Hi ,

    I am seeking advice from people who live in Mumbai. I own a property in Mumbai and have been paying a regular maintenance of Rs 2800.

    In Nov 2008 I put up my property for rent and was informed that my maintenance would be Rs 3000 as the place was non-occupied.

    As per the new development I was informed that our maintenance has been increased from Rs 3000 to Rs 4500 as my place was on rent. Apparently the society issued a notice which I wasn't aware of since I wasn't around then and we were told about the final decision. Can the society management increase the maintenance so drastically? What is the rule that exists in the market for the same?

  2. #2

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    Hi shivania,

    As per bye laws of the society if any flat is letted out, member should pay Non Occupancy Charges to the society.As per Govt. of Maharashtra GR 1094/15165/317/14-c dated August 1, 2001The non occupancy charges should non exceed 10% of the service charges.This circular you can get by filing a rti with registrar of society of your area.

  3. #3

    HI Akash,

    Thanks for the reply. What do you think should be my course of action now that I know that the society taken a wrong step..

    Sorry one more thing..The service charges that u have mentioned means the Maintenance charges right?

    Last edited by ambrish.p; 09-10-09 at 10:08 PM.

  4. #4

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    10 % of service charges(excluding municipal taxes).
    You can file a complaint with the registrar of societies of your area, regarding violation of Govt. GR by the managing committe.You can file a rti application with Joint registrar to know the action taken upon your complaint.

  5. #5

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    Thanks a lot..Let me take this forward..Will keep you posted..

  6. #6

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    use rti and see effect.

  7. #7

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    The only problem that I foresee is the distance. I am based out of India..

  8. #8

    Re: Society Maintenance Charges

    No problem.
    You can send your complaint through post. Before that you write a letter to managing committee to get the copy of resolution passed in Gneral body meeting.
    Even your tenant can follow the procedure on behalf of you if he is given power of attorney.o.k.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android