I want to know the privileges given to ex servicemen who joins sbi as clerk like promotion prospects, service seniority for promotion, pay protection etc and the criteria to avail these privileges. Thanks.
I am an Ex Serviceman and just joined in an PSU. The org. not having clear picture about the formula to adhere presently to give us pay protection. However I came to know that vide GOI, Min. of Personnel, public Grievences and Pension/ Dept. of Personnel and Trg. OM no. 3/1/85- Esst(Pay-II) Dt 31/07/1986 , OM no. 3/13/2008- Esst(Pay-II) Dt 11/11/2008, OM no. 3/19/2009- Esst(Pay-II) Dt 05/04/2010 has issued with the clear directives for the pay protection of such cases i.e. Ex-Serviceman Pay Protection.
On behalves of the Ex-S working in the same PSU I shall be oblised if the above mentioned letters are atteched with the reply.
Government of India
Department of Personnel & Training
Estt (Pay-I) Section. *****
New Delhi dated the 3oth March. 2010
Subject: Guidelines for fixation of pay of candidates working in Public Sector Undertakings
etc., recommended for appointment by the Commission by the method of recruitment
by selection - regarding.
Reference is invited to this Department's OMS No. 1211188-Pay-I dated 7.8.89 and
1211196-Pay-I dated 10.7.98, whereby guidelines for fixation of pay of candidates working in
Public Sector Undertakings etc., recommended for appointment by the Comn~ission by the
method of recruitment by selection through interview only, were issued.
2. Subsequent to the implementation of the recommendations of the 6Ih CPC and the issue
of CCS(RP) Rules 2008, the system of Running Pay Bands and Grade Pays has been
introduced. Accordingly, in partial modification of this Department's OM dated 7.8.89 and
10.7.98 referred to above, the method of pay fixation in respect of those appointed on or after
1.1.2006 will be as under:
"In case of candidates working in Public Sector Undertakings, Universities, Semi-
Government Institutions or Autonomous Bodies, who are appointed as direct recruits on
or after 1.1.2006 on selection through interview by a properly constituted agency
including Departmental Authorities making recruitment directly, their initial pay may
be fixed by granting them the Grade Pay attached to the post. Further, their pay in the
Pay Band may be fixed at a stage so that the pay in the Pay Band +Grade Pay and DA
as admissible in the government, protects the pay +DA already being drawn by them in
their parent ofganisations. The pay in the Pay Band fixed under this formulation will not
be fixed at a stage lower than Entry Pay in the Revised Pay Structure (corresponding to
the Grade Pay applicable to the post) for direct recruits on or after 1.1.2006 as notified
vide Section 11, Part A of First Schedule to CCS(RP) Rules, 2008. The pay in the Pay
Band fixed under this formulation will not exceed Rs. 67000, the maximum of the Pay
3. The conditions for admissibility of pay protection shall be the same as stipulated in this
Department's OMS dated 7.8.89 and 10.7.98 referred to above. t
4. In so far as persons serving in the India Audit and Accounts Department are concerned,
these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. These orders will be applicable w.e.f. 1.1.2006
6. Hindi version will follow.
1. All Ministries I Departments of the Govt. of India, etc.
F. No.12/3/2009-Pay-I dated the 3 0 ' ~M arch, 2010
2. The Secretary. U.P.S.C., Dholpur House, Shajahan Road, New Delhi.
3. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all States under his control.
4. Controller General of Accounts / Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance.
5. Secretaries to Union Public Service Commission 1 Supreme Court of India / Election
/ Lok Sabha Sectt. / Rajya Sabha Sectt. / Cabinet Sectt.1 Central
Vigilance Commission / President's Secn. / Vice - President's Sectt.1 Prime
Minister's Office / Planning Commission.
6. Department of Personnel & Training (AIS Division) / JCAi Administration Section.
7. Additional Secretary (Union Territory), Ministry of Home Affairs.
8. All State Governments / Union Territories.
9. Governors of all States / Lt. Governors of Union Territories.
10. Secretary, National Council (Staff Side), 13 - C, Feroz Shah Road, New Delhi.
11. All Members of the Staff Side of the National Council of JCM 1 Departmental
12. All Officers / Sections of the Department of Personnel & Training / Department of
Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances / Department of Pension & Pension
13. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure w.r.t their IC UO No. 10/1/2010
14. NIC with a request to upload the OM on the website of DOPT.
15. 20 spare copies.