Results 1 to 2 of 2
Views: 2138 | 03-11-09, 04:43 PM #1New Member
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 0 Post(s)
Cic judgement on personal/third party
What is the defination of personal , confidential and third party information? Is there any judgement on it?
1) an employee can ask for information related to his vigilence case and/or domestic enquiry?
2) an employee can ask for information related to marks obtained by him or other employee in departmental exams/interview?
3) an employee can ask for reasons for promotion of other employee vis a viz his non promotion?
4) CAN the above information be sought by any citizen not related to employee or employer?
PLEASE ANSWER WITH SOME REFERENCES TO CIC JUDGEMENT AND OBLIGE.
03-11-09, 07:56 PM #2
Re: Cic judgement on personal/third party
2. I think by "personal" you mean "privacy" and Sec 8(1)(j).
In India there is no law of privacy. Generally the CIC goes by the UK Privacy Data Protection Act and the US Law of Torts. Please see: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2738-c...y-u-s-8-j.html
Please also use the search function available at the top of this page and search for "privacy". You will get many useful threads which contain CIC citations in some posts.
3. Can you please clarify what do you mean by "confidential" ?
4. Regarding your other queries, 1,2 and 4 is allowed. 3 is doubtful.
In case you want information regarding item No.3, try to draft your RTI application carefully and chose the right words.Twitter: @cjkarira