Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Acknowledgment under RTI Act

Hello,
    Recently one set back occured while submitting RTI Application. I was at Madurai on 03-04-2008, I submit my RTI Application to the PIO / Deputy Superintending Engineer (H), Projects, Algarkovil Road, Madurai and request acknowledgment for receipt of application. The Administrative Officer (APIO) told me send the application by Registered Post with Acnowledgment then automatically it will be acknowledged.. I told them, please write it now, I will send the same through RPAD.
    After that they put the office round seal in my spare application form.
    Officer's still in their own way.
    R.P.Vallinayagam

Name:
    Suresh sabapathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Acknowledgment

hi
    the same was done to me in pondichery
    when i ask for Acknowledgment they didnt give but i took a xerox copy of the RTI form 1 and got sign form them that the date and instial
    and next day i went and i asked for the number
    number means
    as you submit your documentsor form they will enter in the despatch register like inward and out ward register
    just go to the office and ask them please give me the inward register number for my application
    keep it safely
    and second thing when i was going thiru the RTI ACT in the web
    i found one Acknowledgment reciept appliation in pdf format
    if you have time just search for it and print it and get the Acknowledgment from them

thanking you

Name:
    R.P.Vallinayagam
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your kind response.
    Vallinayagam.

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What todowhen PIO don't send the acknowledgement appended to a form as stipulated.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    297.4 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.06%
    Monthly Activity
    19.34%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TSBehera View Post
    What todowhen PIO don't send the acknowledgement appended to a form as stipulated.

Some States do have RTI Rules whereby the PIO has a prescribed format for giving acknowledgement for RTI applications. Did you apply under RTI in such a State ?

If yes, the PIO has violated the RTI Rules of his state. Fit case for First Appeal and also a fit case for penalty and disciplinary action under Sec 20 when you go for Second Appeal.

Rules are promulgated for everyone to follow and obey.
    If PIO expects that a RTI Applicant follow proper rules, even the PIO has to follow proper rules.
    You cannot have the cake and eat it too.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes,I did apply to a police station in Orissa on information on complaint to Police and action taken by them.The form itself contain an acknowledgement part,and I see Orissa's format is one of the best format prescribed in i9ts rules when I compare with other states except its mode of payment of Rs.10/- by treasury challan or by cash.

The PIO did not sent acknowledgement of application appended to form A nor gave any reply.I sent 1st appeal also:no reply or any order received.My 2nd appeal on it pending since 29.11.2007 with SIC,Orissa ,I don't know when it shall be heard as SIC orissa is flooded with 2nd appeals/complaints?

I sent a 2nd application to PIO ,same matters repeated ,now 1st appeal on it pending and order awaited

I have moved 3 rd application to PIO also,information awaited.

If there is no replies even after 3 applications I am thinking to move a writ under article 226 of constiution before the High Court directing the State Govt./Police to take actions against the erring PIO or officials perticularly on matters of police and inquiries involving criminal matters

Kindly advise

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.93%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My suggestion better avoid going to any public/govt office. They find one away or the other to deny receipt your application.
    When I went to dispatch section to drop my application the receipt & dispatch clerk told that RTI application is not taken by their section. I have to give my application directly to PIO.
    I went to PIO he received by application he signed on my copy when I asked for office seal rubber stamp to stamped my application he directed me again to dispatch section as rubber stamp is in the custody of dispatch clerk.
    They made run from one department to other. I have wasted my time, spend on travel & refreshment, and deteriorated health as to go in scorching sun.
    On that particular day made an order of my life that I will never visit any govt office except hearing. I will sent my application through RPAD and ask for reply only through RPAd.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    297.4 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.06%
    Monthly Activity
    19.34%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nile, very well said and explained.
    @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription