Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Clearing of cheque - SBI

Hi,

I deposited a cheque of Rs 100000.00 to my SBI Account (Sahibabad, Ghaziabad) on 17/03/09. Cheque was from my another Account in IDBI (K.G.Marg, New Delhi)

My SBI account gets credited with Rs 100000.00 on 20/03/09 and also showing in my pass book.

But when i try to withdraw amount from my account on 23/03/09 it shows ur available balance as Rs 316 and entry of Rs 100000 was present in ATM mini slip. I intimate this in the bank and they told it will be cleared asap.

Till 04/04/09 my account available balance was Rs 316 despite of trf cheque of Rs 100000.00. They put that money to their control account and forget to credit my account for such a long period.

Can anyone tell me the rules and information regarding control account of SBI.

As per my knowledge, their control account should be cleared in 24 hrs, but can i have the documentation proof of such guidelines related to Control account of SBI so that I can file a case against them.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ankur Sharma

Last edited by ANKURO85; 11-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Name:
    Devendranath
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Clearing of cheque - SBI

Ankur Sharma,
    Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information.
    Approach OMBUDSMAN for speedy results.
    Regards.
    Positive thinkers get Powerful Results.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ankur

Please read this blog by JPS Sir:

Also see: How to address problems with banks? - Big Helpers Community

And also see: Big Helpers Community - Right To Justice

regards

Name:
    Ankur Sharma
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,

Though I have received the amount on 06/04/2009. But they have not credited the amount in due course i.e on 20.03.2009.

They keep the money from 20.03.09 to 06/04/09 in their control account and hence they had violated the RBI rules and guidelines (I think)

I do not filed any written complaint to bank and keep on having verbal agruments with bank but my case is strong from point of view of Rules & Regulations framed by RBI to Banks and for that I can show my pass book, ATM Slips etc which is a full proof of not crediting the amount on time.

Though i have not filed any written complaint but above documentary is enough i think. Should I get the compensation regarding time, expenses for frequently visiting to banks, mental harassment etc.

Please suggest and reply asap.

Regards,

Ankur

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.67%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

File a written complaint staking your claim first. Based on the outcome, please continue further discussions on this subject at BigHelpers. Our prime focus here is on issues related to RTI Act.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription