Name:
    Vinny Kapoor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost PPF account number and details

Hi,

I have lost my PPF passbook and account details. Unfortunately, I have lost my PPF account number as well. But I remember the post office where my PPF account was opened. I want to close my PPF account and withdraw all my money.

This PPF account was operated for my self deposits and not by my employer company.

How can I retrieve the PPF account number? I stay abroad. Can I authorise my family member for the post office to provide him the details?

Can you pls guide?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vinny

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lost PPF account number and details

U may authorise your relative to get details and duplicate pass book. Pl provide your full name, tentative date of opening account or making credits, so that post office can locate your account.

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Vinny Kapoor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jps50 View Post
    U may authorise your relative to get details and duplicate pass book. Pl provide your full name, tentative date of opening account or making credits, so that post office can locate your account.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.

We tried this earlier but the post office said they cant find the account. But we are sure the account was opened at that post office. We opened the account around 15 years back....any solution? Thanks.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

U can try RTI route by visiting:

Central Govt appln:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...govt-info.html

Effective:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

It has to be addressed to CPIO of HPO of that area. U can send application duly signed by you and request your relative to carry Rs.10/- in cash and deposit RTI application and filing fee against acknowledgement. Please change column of payment of filing fee in above link as: "Cash of Rs.10/- is deposited today with CPIO"

You can seek account number, balance etc. Give all the available info as note in the application to enable post office to locate the same.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Vinny Kapoor
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for the info. Very useful indeed. Will do as suggested and hope it works. Thanks again.