Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Water tax @ 12.5 % in spite of not having water connection from Jal Sansthan/Jal Nigam/Nagar Nigam

Sir,
    I have purchased a property (my residence) in 2004 and registered in the book of Nagar Nigam for House Tax. Nagar Nigam had assessed the property with annual assessment value of the property Rs.3463. Nagar Nigam is charging 10% of this value per year as annual house tax and I have been paying with proper receipt. Now, Allahabad Jal Sansthan has produced a bill cum notice on 13/11/2009 showing Jal Kar (Water Tax) @ 12.5@ which is Rs.433.00 (Rs.390.00 after some rebate) for this year 2009-10 and Arrear of Rs. 2143.00 (upto 2009) totaling Rs.2533.00 outstanding to be payable by me.

I would like to inform you that I have not taken installation of water connection from Jal Nigam/Jal Nigam/Nagar Nigam or any Govt.body and hence not using the water of Jal Sansthan/Jal Niagam/Nagar Nigam. We have our own submersible water pump in our house. So, why such type of bill from Jal Sansthan has been given to me. And it is more surprising that the house tax is charged @10%, but water tax is charged @12.5% in spite of not using water from Jal Sansthan or any govt.body. I would like to know whether it is justified. Please guide me.

Please help me how to frame RTI query if the above billing is not justifiable.

Thanks,
    Arjun

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.82%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Water tax @ 12.5 % in spite of not having water connection from Jal Sansthan/Jal Nigam/Nagar Nigam

Dear Arjun

U can file RTI application with PIO of Alld. Municipal Corporation for the copy of rule which enables the authority to charge water tax from the resident (in municipal limits) who has not taken water supply connection.

RTI application will be as per UP RTI Rules 2005 - RTI Guide

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.37%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Water tax @ 12.5 % in spite of not having water connection from Jal Sansthan/Jal Nigam/Nagar Nigam

It is not known if the submersible pumps are allowed in the individual hoses? In common parlance, it appears to be an offence under the Jal Board rules & regulations. However you may check it up before you make any apllication to the appropriate authority. You can ask for the Copies of the rules and regulations of the Jal Sansthan/Jal Nigam/Nagar Nigam and study them before proceeding further. Make necessary amends, if necessary regarding the instalation of submersible pump at you house.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.82%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Arjun

Though u have not taken the water supply connection but u are using the ground water (by pump), and as per the info available the water available below the ground is a property of the Govt. (within municipal limits) and hence the resident has to pay for utilizing it. I have filed similar query but till date i have not received any info (pending with Information Commission).

regards

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.37%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with ambrish.p. All natural resources are property of the Government.

Name:
    Deepti singh
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default water tax

I have one question which is related to water tax.. I have a home in Kanpur and we don't have water supply.. we have put up pumpset and have been using handpipe for water .... Do i need to pay water tax to the Jal sansathan (Kanpur) if so may i know what will be the tax amount

Deepti

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.82%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Deepti

Please read this full thread.

regards

Name:
    Deepti singh
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ambrish
    Thank you for taking time to send me thread.....

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription