37.79%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Land Records-Clarifications

My brother-in-law has applied for the details of his grandfather's agricultural lands situated in a village in Tamil Nadu, Kancheepuram District and Chengalpet taluk to the PIO (Hqrs. Dty. thasildar) and he has got the reply from the PIO stating that pay for the computer patta and take the copies. He has visited the taluk office in person and paid the required amount of fees for the computer patta and received the same. he has asked for the remaining Adangal & Chitta copies for the same lands. but the PIO has asked him to come on different days and dodged and told him that"is it necessary to provide the all records if it is applied under RTI?". he was fed up and he is in the verge of filing a writ petition against this PIO for his conduct. But I had adivised him to send the copies of the RTI request to the chief state information commissioner and state information commissioner of tamil nadu for a favourable action but that too elapsed 10 days and till date no reply from any of these persons. what to do and how to get the copies requested under RTi.
    please answer
    thanks in advance.

Likes smsamy liked this post

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.85%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What are the details requested under the RTI application and The copy of documents provided includes all the details?

Whether any prescribed charges are fixed by government for obtaining those details?

Has all charges been paid?

State information commission take action on the appeal. If the above points are satisfied then you may file an application of appeal before the appellate authority.

As the law stands, you have to take recourse to the available channel that the appeal before the appellate authority of the PIO.

I believe it must be the district magistrate or the DM of the area.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.46%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Land Records-Clarifications

sure, I will do

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.8%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Did you ask for chitta & adangal copy in your RTI application?

2. Chitta and adangal are a part of Village records and need to be issued by the concerned VAO. However it is the duty of the PIO to collect the same from VAO and issue us when it si asked through RTI application.

3.Chengal pattu thasildar is generally very lethorgic on RTI. I have currently three 2nd appeals pending on him before the SIC.

4. Tamil Nadu State information commission generally takes a month now-a days to issue direction to the PIO.

regards'
    r.l.saravanan
    advocate

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.13%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rlsaravanan View Post
    1. Did you ask for chitta & adangal copy in your RTI application?

2. Chitta and adangal are a part of Village records and need to be issued by the concerned VAO. However it is the duty of the PIO to collect the same from VAO and issue us when it si asked through RTI application.

3.Chengal pattu thasildar is generally very lethorgic on RTI. I have currently three 2nd appeals pending on him before the SIC.

4. Tamil Nadu State information commission generally takes a month now-a days to issue direction to the PIO.

regards'
    r.l.saravanan
    advocate
    Hi Saravanan,

You have mentioned that you have three 2nd appeals pending with the Chengelpet tahsildhar. Can you let me know what is the current status of these appeals?

Venkat

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.59%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adangal chitta is one of the very vital land records.One has to trance one's present title from Adangal Chitta made consequent to the latest resurvey. Instead of beating around bush, please file a simple Request application under RTI seeking a certified copy of the 'Adangal Chitta' of the particular Survey Number of your land. The Adangal
    Chitta of a particular Survey Number give the sub divisions,name of title holders of each sub division and the area. Please see that your land is included correctly in that Adangal. I prefer to seek inspection of Adangal Chitta first before asking for copy. In case it is not provided within 30 days, file First Appeal. The PIO will not have any escuse for not providing you the Adangal Chitta.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 04-15-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.13%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    Adangal chitta is one of the very vital land records.One has to trance one's present title from Adangal Chitta made consequent to the latest resurvey. Instead of beating around bush, please file a simple Request application under RTI seeking a certified copy of the 'Adangal Chitta' of the particular Survey Number of your land. The Adangal
    Chitta of a particular Survey Number give the sub divisions,name of title holders of each sub division and the area. Please see that your land is included correctly in that Adangal. I prefer to seek inspection of Adangal Chitta first before asking for copy. In case it is not provided within 30 days, file First Appeal. The PIO will not have any escuse for not providing you the Adangal Chitta.
    Please could you let me know if I can sell my plots (which are adjacent to each other) separately even if there is only one patta for both the plots.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.59%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Of cource you can. Provided you have title transfer deed of part of your land included in that patta and latest land revenue receipt of your part of the land. Land in one patta could be subdivided to many plots and each plot could be sold to different persons. There is no problem so long as things are done straight.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 04-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.