Lv. Percent
    92.14%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question pgportal.gov.in It is a online Public grievance loading and monitoring system

Dear Sir,
    I have come accross a site: pgportal.gov.in It is a online Public grievance loading and monitoring system. I have not tested it but has gone through it. I heard that it will also helpful for seeking information.
    And it is very good for grievance redressal.

Last edited by ganpat1956; 05-24-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%
    Monthly Activity
    0.5%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: pgportal.gov.in It is a online Public grievance loading and monitoring system

I do not know about others. I had filed two petetions. I find it to be absolutely of no use. In my case the complaints trickled down to the delinquent against whom my allegation stood. No one can expect the delinquent to accept the blame. Naturally he furnishes his own old version of the reply with which the complaint was originally dispossed off. The same reply climb the ladder and you get it from the Cell. Normally it takes nearly an year. This reply did not contain any references . Nor even the date and Number of your complaint. I found it impossible to connect it with my petetion. None of your justification expossing the lacuna in the earlier reply of the delinquent is cared for. If you are expecting a separate responsible agency or officer to enquire into the complaint, please forget it. It appears to one man show. In Malayalam it is called "Kittunny Circus"

Name:
    Sidharth
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.11%
    Monthly Activity
    0.59%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: pgportal.gov.in It is a online Public grievance loading and monitoring system

If you are expecting a separate responsible agency or officer to enquire into the complaint, please forget it. It appears to one man show. In Malayalam it is called "Kittunny Circus".

Thanks col. for your enlightenment.

I have heard similar stories. Now I am convinced about it's worthlessness.

What about applying RTI here and know the workings of DARPG?

Sidharth

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%
    Monthly Activity
    0.5%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I realised of late that most of my RTI applications are type-cast. The information if given is likely to expose corruption or blame on the public authority for ineffectiveness etc. Naturally no PIO or AA will dare to give a straight answer resulting in almost all my RTI Applications reaching Second Appeal stage.

For Example: I found that a Village Officer has fabricated the revenue records to show government/private land worth Rs.12 cores now in the name of a particular vested interest. To cover-up this fraud the Village Officer stopped indicating the area of land for which land revenue collected from the neighbouring land owners. Of cource it included part of my land. The land was in possession and enjoyment of orginal land owners including me. Naturally we had no reason to suspect or complain.

When government started computeristion of land records the entire episode came out. I asked for a simple information from the Village Officer under RTI Act to give the particulars of Title Transfer Deed under which a particular piece of land worth nearly Rs.1 crore is shown in the name of a particular person. The Villege Officer promptly give the particulars. On cross check of this deed from the Sub Registrar Office I found that particular deed does not pertain to the land under question.

Everyone in the line of administration upto the Principal Secreary evaded furnishing the correct reply. Of coure 10 RTI applications involved in this subject. I complained to the Chief Minister requestting to direct the District Collector "to show me the words in that particular deed which state transferring land in Survey No.OS42/1A in the name of the vested interest". The CM gave the same orders to the DC. The DC heard me; fully convinced and ordered the Village Officer to produce copy of the ibid deed to me and show me as to where the words to that effect contain in that deed.. Now when cought red-handed the Village Officer says that that particular deed does not contain any words to that effect. Then what is the position of the initial reply on the contrary ? No answer. I complained to the DAPRG. I get the same old initial reply forgetting about the later actions in reply. Of cource , a series of RTI application forllowed. The second appeal is pending with SIC. The SIC as usual does not attend to cases which is likely to expose corruption or higher achelons of vested interest involve.

Due to the my protest against the CIC's (Management) Regulation 2007 I avoid RTI request likely to reach CIC. Otherwise I myself would have probed the DARPG further. It will be better if someone in Delhi try to file suitable RTI applications on DARPG
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 05-25-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.76%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A useful tool as good as the person using it. It is very easy to create facility real challenges lie in making other use it. I guess that is the case with the grievance redressal system as well.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    297.4 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.1%
    Monthly Activity
    55.07%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On a side note, I found a website INVESTOR HELPLINE SPLASH , run by the Ministry Of Company Affairs (MCA) which seems to be quite useful. It even carries a list of complainants who solved their investor related problems by lodging complaints on the portal including emails received from satisfied users.

Can be used for complaints/grievances regarding Demat/Shares/Rights issues/Refunds/Debentures/Fixed Deposit/Vanishing Complany's and other related issues.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.11%
    Monthly Activity
    0.59%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is very easy to create facility real challenges lie in making other use it.
    Maneesh,

Can you elaborate on this.

Sidharth

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.00 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.99%
    Monthly Activity
    6.36%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moved to Chit-chat forum.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription