0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ration card

I am a resident of Chennai for 17 years . Due to frequent shift of rented residence I did not apply for a ration card. three months back I applied to T Nagar office (since I am staying in Alwarpet) and got a slip for it. A person came for verification and left. one month later when I visited the office they said that my card will be got in Poonamallee office. there they said that I should have filed my application with them and said that no files have come to them. I took a fresh application form and went back to T Nagar office who said they have sent it. Anyway I filed a new aplication with poonamalee office and again the same person came for verification. Since then two months have passed but no one has sent the card. This month I shifted to new house in Rajaannamalaipuram 7th main.
    I read that if one does not need ration matierals then card has to be issued immediately. Should I apply fresh or wait for my earlier application? I want the card for ID purpose only. Pls advise

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.4%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: ration card

Hello Ayyappa Prasad, welcome to RTIIndia community. This site is only for RTI related issues,please post your query ,after registering, at our sister site:www.bighelpers.org
    Thanks.

Name:
    suresh babu
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ration card in the first instance is not the only identity proof. when you have already applied for a ration card and you have an acknowledgement for it, you have to follow up on that application only. i would suggest that you may proceed on the very first application you have made. if you are not able to get information on the status of that application then you may make an request under section 6 of the RTI Act. it should be addressed to the public information officer of the concerned department.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.34%
    Monthly Activity
    4.67%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is a good and useful suggestion.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription