I am a doctor and have recently attended a Railway Hospital interview for DNB admissions, in Secunderabad. I did extremely well and was hopeful of clearing the int. But, I was informed by fellow interviewees that the seat was already booked/sold for a doctor who happens to be wife of one of the hospital doctors. Notwithstanding the genuineness of the assumption, can you tell me if it is possible to apply the RTI act to find out how the candidates were selected when the results get out.
PS: the interviewers told me that they will only "call" me if I get selected and there will be no notification, which leads to more doubt.
Yes, you can file a RTI application with the PIO in that Hospital and ask for:
1. List of candidates who appeared
2. Copies of their application forms
3. Name , etc. of successful candidate
4. The names of the interview panel and their qualifications
5. Minutes of Meeting of the Interview panel
6. Bio data and copies of certificates of the sucessful candidate
7. You can also ask for inspection of all files related to the recruitment