Upvote Upvote:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default IT Return for multiple years


    I want to submit RTI application requesting the claim status of IT return filed for financial year 2006-07 and 2007-08. I wanted to know :

    1. Whether I can request info for both the financial years in same application? Here will i need to enclose the fee per year basis or per application basis?
    2. Also can i enclose two 5/- IPOs instead of one 10/- Rs per application as the later was not available in two post offices we went to.

    I just want to make sure my application doesn't get rejected.


  2. #2

    Default Re: IT Return for multiple years

    If your IT Returns were submitted to the same Assessing officer (same Ward) for both the years, you can file one RTI application.

    You can submit 2 IPO's of Rs. 5 each. mention it clearly in your RTI application.

    Please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

    Twitter: @cjkarira

  3. #3
    Santhosh Kumar Metri
    0 Post(s)
    0 Post(s)

    Friends, Please help me with filing RTI to INCOME TAX DEPT

    I need to submit RTI for knowing the status of the returns claimed for financial year 2008-09.
    Also, please provide me the form i need to use for the same.

    Further, also let me know how effective is this system and has it really worked for anyone?

  4. #4

    Default Re: IT Return for multiple years

    Dear Santosh

    U can file RTI application for status of your refund. Please go through the link available in post # 2 for details.

    Also read threads available here: Right to Information - RTI Success Stories at rtiindia.org


Tags for this Thread


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android