Thread: IT Return for multiple years

IT Return for multiple years

Hi,

I want to submit RTI application requesting the claim status of IT return filed for financial year 2006-07 and 2007-08. I wanted to know :

1. Whether I can request info for both the financial years in same application? Here will i need to enclose the fee per year basis or per application basis?
    2. Also can i enclose two 5/- IPOs instead of one 10/- Rs per application as the later was not available in two post offices we went to.

I just want to make sure my application doesn't get rejected.

Thanks
    Nupur

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: IT Return for multiple years

If your IT Returns were submitted to the same Assessing officer (same Ward) for both the years, you can file one RTI application.

You can submit 2 IPO's of Rs. 5 each. mention it clearly in your RTI application.

Please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Friends, Please help me with filing RTI to INCOME TAX DEPT

I need to submit RTI for knowing the status of the returns claimed for financial year 2008-09.
    Also, please provide me the form i need to use for the same.

Further, also let me know how effective is this system and has it really worked for anyone?

4. Re: IT Return for multiple years

Dear Santosh

U can file RTI application for status of your refund. Please go through the link available in post # 2 for details.

Also read threads available here: Right to Information - RTI Success Stories at rtiindia.org

regards