Topic Identifier

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Land survey map

  1. #1

    Land survey map

    Hi All,
    I had applied under RTI for the map of the survey made in 1989, 1997, 2006 & 2008 of the same land by taluka bhumiabhilekh karyalaya. They are refusing me to give for 1989. So what is the maximum period to ask such documents?
    If all the maps of the same land are different every time what action should be taken?
    Please guide....Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Land survey map

    There is no maximum period specified in the RTI Act to provide information.

    The information sought has to be provided if the records are available.

    The records are kept in a particular department as per the "record retention schedule".

    What reason did the PIO give for not providing information regarding 1989 ?

    Did he say records not available or records destroyed ?

    If "not available" then ask him to conduct a proper search or otherwise file a FIR at the nearest Police Station for the missing records and provide you with a FIR copy.

    If "records destroyed", ask him for a copy of the ":records retention schedule" of that department and also ask for a copy of the "records destruction certificate".
    Twitter: @cjkarira

  3. #3

    Re: Land survey map

    Thanks a lot Karira....prompt reply
    He told me that we searched the document but we are not getting it. He is also telling that we should maintain it for more than thirty years. No other details he is giving me about the missing document. Now I will ask "records retention schedule" otherwise file a FIR.
    Thanks for valuable guidance.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android