Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Harrasment by DRCS Govt of West Bengal

Hello,
    Dear members. I am Suvo Basu your new community member in this site. To day is my first day and I want to share my experience with a Govt of west Bengal Dept as how they harras people every time with no intention but to control them through political obligation. My father who is aged 75 and a cardiac patient and a physically disable person due to age; wishes to sell off his 3 katha plot of land in Commint park co-operative society just opposite to 'Highland Park' E.M.Bye Pass. We bought this property from this aforesaid society being one of the founder member in the year 1970s. After that we didn't built any house on that plot till date and due to financial reason we wish to sell out the plot to a person agreed on our terms & price. We have all the Govt papers & deeds ready & up to date with us & the KMC mutation, & taxes till date. On forwarding the application to our society 'Commint Co-operative Housing Society' we were granted permission to transfer the same vide a society meeting, interview and a resolution for the same. We & our prospective buyer completed all & every formalities required by one of the Govt of W.Bengal Dept namely D.R.C.S. (Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Society) in charge of looking after society activities. In principle this so called Dept has no legitimate right in the other states but in West Bengal; to interfere property deals. They are harrassing me since last three months and asking for a paper vide their new changed rules which reads as " The person who got an allotment of a plot by a society, must have a DRCS approval before allotted the plot in his name."- This was not e rule in their rule book in the year 1970s and was amended recently. A person who was allotted a plot 30/40 years back; must be definitely out of the purview of this new rule framed recently. Otherwise no one can bring this approval which is non existent and can't be created even now. In this issue they are refusing the transfer of all the co-operative plots in their capacity and even asked my father to climb up personally without lift on a 4 storied last century building on Bowbazar Street to meet the officer Ms Mahua Pathak; despite of knowing the fact and despite of handing over an authorisation letter in my name in liu of my father to deal with all the administrative job. In my opinion they just can't & should not do it. I know a few people who left hope for selling their plots in co-op societies after being harrassed for even a full year in different incidents. Please advise me how to avail this sanction out of their clutch and help lots of other people being entraped every day for no reason what so ever. May I get help; and raise a voice together against this kind of Departmental harrassment ?

Name:
    GAUTAM BHATTA
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Harrasment by DRCS Govt of West Bengal

Dear member,
    Welcome to RTI INDIA. I hope you will get useful information and guidance from here. You have mentioned----They are harrassing me since last three months and asking for a paper vide their new changed rules which reads as " The person who got an allotment of a plot by a society, must have a DRCS approval before allotted the plot in his name."- This was not e rule in their rule book in the year 1970s and was amended recently" .

Would you please give me the specific Memo No with date of that new changed rule ?

Name:
    GAUTAM BHATTA
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Harrasment by DRCS Govt of West Bengal

Dear Mr Basu,
    I think it will be better for you to discuss the matter with the DRCS
    ( KMAH) , if your Co op Area is within his jurisdiction . Otherwise you may discuss the matter with the DRCS ( Housing) , New Secretariat Buildings, 4th floor, Kol-1 and with the Joint Registrar of Co operative Societies ( Law) in the same Building.
    Hope you will get some proper directions from them.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription