12.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Does RTI cover property records at local/Tehsil level

Can any one advise if the Tehsildars/Sub-Registrars in the Punjab tehsil areas can release information on properties and land registered in their jurisdiction under <acronym title="Right to Information">RTI</acronym>? What information would I have to provide on the application form? Such as Khewat/Khatauni and Khasra numbers? And the fees involved? etc

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks

Name:
    Raj
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.25%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Does RTI cover property records at local/Tehsil level

Hallo....i am new to this forum.

I have a similiar query.I have some ancestral rural land in dera bassi,punjab.And i am trying to find out if it is registered and if yes,then in whose name(i.e grandfather,great-grandfather...)

However every time i visited the municipal office,i am told to bring the registry of the land.And when i say that is exactly what i am looking for,the answer is in the negative and they say they can not find any records without the registry.i am told that the personnal are looking for a bribe and only after that they will furnish the records.

I do not want to pay my hard earned money as a bribe.

how can i obtain information under RTI.

Please help

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription