Monthly Activity
    0.21%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default TNEB - unfair billing

Hi,

The meter installed at my shop was not functioning for sometime. I had complained about this to the local TNEB office and I was asked to pay the minimum payment for nearly 5months.

Suddenly, I was threatened to pay a fine of Rs.55,000/- if paid on the same way or Rs.100,000/- if paid on the next day. I had no other go but to bend down for their threat.

Now I want to know how I can use RTI here to take upon TNEB here. I want to get back the money which had paid to TNEB.

Thanks,
    Prakash

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Monthly Activity
    0.21%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: TNEB - unfair billing

Gnanaprakash,

Hope you have got a valid receipt for your payment.

This case should be better handled by TNEB grievance forum, or consumer court. However, RTI will be very useful to get all the supporting papers for this.

First ask them the daily action taken report on your complaint for faulty meter. Please refer to JP Shah sir's blog about any pending work