50.19%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question How to get new ration card?

My name is already there in my native place(Coimbatore, TN), in my dad's card and my husbands name is in his native (Tirupattur, TN). After wedding, we shifted to Chennai. Now, ration card officials say that - we have to get our names removed from our resp. natives and then only we can apply for a new card here. But in our native, they say it will take 2 months or more to remove and give a letter for that. And people say that we got to bribe or know somebody there, only then we can get it soon.

I want to know the exact procedure and how long it would take. The problem is, without ration cards, we can't gas cylinders now. We are managing with microwave oven and coil heaters.

Please help.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.43%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The position stated by the Civil supplies officials in Chennai is correct, i.e., your names should be deleted from your respective ration cards at your native place and a certificate/letter to be obtained from them to this effect so that you can apply for a new card at Chennai.

In case you have not already initiated this process, better give the officials in your native place a letter requesting them to delete your name from the old ration card for the purpose of obtaining a new one at Chennai.

If there is an inordinate delay in getting their reply, you can initiate further action through an RTI application.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.00 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.88%
    Monthly Activity
    2.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: How to get new ration card?

For further detailed information kindly visit our sister site here and read this thread
    http://www.bighelpers.org/forum/dist...d-chennai.html
    also you may like to keep track of the Hot tag here:
    http://www.bighelpers.org/forum/tags/ration+card.html

Name:
    s.sathish kumar
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi

Pls. send a requisition letter in order to remove your names from your native place. It normally takes around a weeks time. Then attach the same along with the application form & submit in the nearby PDS office. On receival of the same they will issue a token ( till such time you get the ration card which normally takes close to 2 to 3 months ). And with this token you can get your gas cylinders.

Regds

S.Sathish Kumar

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.43%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is an old thread that was answered about 20 months ago. Besides, recently the TN govt has relaxed the rules, as a result of which ration cards are no more mandatory for getting LPG connection. Hence, this thread stands closed for further discussions.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.